Another new UT1 mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

H0B

King of the Jungle
Dec 15, 2003
hob.hellsoap.com
This is another small mutator for Unreal Tournament 1 called AlienMode.

AlienMode spawns pupaes and pupae eggs around the map that will infest the map in different areas if not killed. The pupaes start out small and grow to larger pupaes overtime that will then create eggs. It is possible to kill all of the pupaes and eggs on the map but is usually very hard as they tend to sneak past you and infest a new area. It also has two options for MaxAliens and MaxEggs.
The download is here: http://hob.hellsoap.com/AlienMode.zip

Xzibit

Feb 1, 2000
Visit site
It's nice to see that someone is still working on UT1. I've stopped the development of Apocalypse Weapons (my Mod) for a while, and I'm not sure if I'm going to continue someday, but I have it in mind, it's still a possibility. :)

Anyway, keep up the good job :)

Stakhanov

Invisible Pink Unicorn
Apr 7, 2002
France - Paris 14eme
Visit site
Interesting mod , a bit easy even at highest settings , but very challenging if used in conjunction with the UltraHard mutator. A few flaws though : the mini-pupae's collision cylinder/hitbox is so small they're impossible to hit even with explosives (only the shock combo effectively gets rid of them) , and the larger pupae have a hard time actually biting you (they lunge at you but can't inflict any damage unless you stand still)

The biting/lunging damage values should be increased imho. Also , I'd suggest introducing a new infestor class : the young skaarj warrior. Egg laying pupae don't fight well , they're only challenging on cramped maps where they can block and corner the player. Small pupae would grow up a bit , then evolve to young skaarj warriors if the max egg limit is reached or to egg laying pupae otherwise. It would add pressure to the game.

Stakhanov

Invisible Pink Unicorn
Apr 7, 2002
France - Paris 14eme
Visit site
DaBeowulf said:
I only ever got the eggs appearing and nothing hatched from them even after 30 minutes. How's that?

Oh yes , that's a mutator bug , though the eggs spout little goo balls they don't give birth to pupae. It only happens in non-DM game types (works fine on DM , team DM and LMS)