UE1 - UT Redeemer Assaults

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Given the amount of flak and teasing I've gotten, mostly good natured, about editing so many versions of Kaal979's rather controversial MonsterHunt map... the irony that the first time I put out a Deathmatch map that is also an edit of one of his maps is not lost on me.

Whole idea started because Hook and MEAT both looked at screenshots of the many time edited MH map and both, separately, came to the conclusion it'd be great for a Redeemer Match, something they're both rather fanatical about. I decided to track down the original map the MH was based on by asking Kaal himself about it. Took some doing, he is not an easy person to deal with, but I managed to get ahold of it.

I originally edited one map for Deathmatches, either for complete redeemer battles or just normal gameplay. While I was making it I got a few other ideas, both for it and possible other maps, and now have 3. Most of which I fully admit has to do with my desire for superhero skins.

DM-Assault][ · desert themed, playerbot with an Iron Man skin, and my favorite redeemer in the dead center. My fave redeemer may or may not be an option in a redeemer match depending on which redeemer mutators are used.

DM-Assault]I[ · a bit more green and gray, no playerbot but there's a Skaarj on the map. This beastie can survive multiple redeemer blasts and kill just about anyone in one hit but has no energy attacks. There are 8 redeemers on this map.

DM-Assault][Flash · bit more of a drab feel in colorization, only one mound where the playerbot starts. I removed the other mounds for running room, the playerbot is skinned like The Flash (DC comics superhero) and I've kicked him as to much of that character's power as possible that it's not to unfair a fight. He's so fast he shot a rocket at me in testing and ran past me before the thing hit me; I was too stunned to moved.

I still cannot map on my own so I apologize for the skybox on this map. I did what I could but it was that shape when I got it.

All maps in one .zip:
http://www.mediafire.com/?didc7cn5y7ox8oa
Ready for weekend play!

Screenshots:
DM-Assault][
00daakcs.png

DM-Assault]I[
00dacx2s.png

DM-Assault][Flash
00dabwr1.png

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
This is a good natured jab at you but if you post a map compilation shouldn't we see, oh I don't know, the map? This looks like a skins preview ;)

Nevzat

Jan 28, 2009
Cyprus
i recently download monstermadness mod and i try this maps wow what a mayhem
these maps gives me some ideas too :)

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
True.

This is a good natured jab at you but if you post a map compilation shouldn't we see, oh I don't know, the map? This looks like a skins preview ;)
I originally had like 20 screenshots for these maps but I didn't wanna flood the post with them. So, I figured some pics about the main special feature (IronBot, super Skaarj, FlashBot) and figured anyone that played it could see more.

To be fair, I uploaded it just a few minutes before I passed out to sleep.

Nevzat

Jan 28, 2009
Cyprus
yes i have lastest version i discover recently bu forums even i know monster hunt mod much longer than that and i tried it so many times i didnt like that much.

Last edited:

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
recently, eh?

yes i have lastest version i discover recently bu forums even i know monster hunt mod much longer than that and i tried it so many times i didnt like that much.
MonsterMadness came out somewhere around 2000. There were a lot of versions, the guy that made it had his own UT site; we used to bop emails back and forth. He really loved input about his released.

MonsterSpawn is pretty cool, and there's a few others that're good.

I actually love MonsterHunt. Maybe you just didn't have good maps. The ones that came with the initial release were okay but not great overall.

Ticklemonster

Sep 3, 2002
qsl.net
I made a "Zark" redeemer if you want to have some fun on your redeemer assault maps with it. Zooms, rapid fire, and instead of a rocket, it fires a nali cow that moos and has flames flying out it's arse. Really neat to look up and see a flight of those bad boys heading out going, "moo mooo mooo moooo".

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Yay, I'm not the only person that thinks this way :)
[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXmdzgt6sR4[/m]