UE2 weapon class

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rjackets

Sep 26, 2003
I've been working with the runtime for a bit now (still a n00b tho :p) but I can't seem to figure out how to work with the weapons. I can see the weapon class in the existing scripts so I assume that there is some way to implement them. I've seen in other threads most people suggest that you use the 2k3 or 2k4 engine if you want to do that, but the thing is, I want to start small and work my up from the basics. So at the moment I just want to import a model into the game, attach it to the pawn, and make it have a primary fire (just one shot at a time, like a pistol).... is there anyone out there that could possibly point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
There really is no support for weapons handling in the Runtime. You'd have to write it from scratch, yourself. If you're looking for pre-made "easy" handling, you'd have to use UT2004. It's not as a platform for learning to write game mods.