[Unreal XL] Preview / Beta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
xl1small.jpg

Unreal XL is a a boiling pot of older projects of mine, including the ported code from my original UT mod, Freehold, and the UT2k3 xpak mutes.

Currently Unreal XL adds:

-True Akimbo Weapons
-Personal and Weapon Augments
-Updated Adrenaline and Shield rules

More about it here:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=127803

Warning:
This is really still alpha. As in, it might crash to desktop. It's very unfinished and somewhat ugly. Don't download unless you're willing to take a few risks and give some feedback/post some logs.

Notes:
You'll want to make two new keybinds:
OpenInvTrader (recommend "H") - opens loadout screen
TogglePlayerZoom (recommend "Q") - toggles zoom (for any weapon)

You can activate some augs by pressing 1,2 or 3. The aug description should note. You can toggle most on or off as long as you have adrenaline.

You can get to the loadout window w/ either the bind above or by pressing alt fire when you are dead/waiting to join. "ACCEPT AND RESPAWN" will perform a suicide, otherwise you'll have to wait for your next spawn for the changes to occur. Don't do this in INVXL though, otherwise you'll knock yourself out of the round.

The loadout will remember your settings, but don't get used to that feature just yet.

The loadout doesn't contain all the weapons, and some weapons are probably going to end up just being augments to other weapons, though more weapons will be added later. Some weapons are altered a bit, and the only zoom is the bind above (for now).

When you first spawn,if you don't see any weapons - or the weapons are rendered oddly (seems to be a problem with the rocket launcher) - Use your "next" and "previous" weapons to toggle your left and right weapons respectively.

If that doesn't scare you away...
http://inkless.com/unrealxl/uxlpr.zip

Unzip to your UT2004 folder.

The source code is included for people interested in this version of akimbo (which I'd be glad to explain offline), and especially for people who want to write new weapons and augments (which I'd also be glad to explain). There's also some loadout GUI, etc., that some modders might fine useful.

Please, if you get a crash or other really bizarre behavior, please go to your UT2004.log and post the last few lines here. There's still plenty of testing warnings and Accessed None's around too.

I'm open to ideas/suggestions as well, although my first task is to stabilize this code while I write some new mutators for it.

Last edited:

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Agreed, fixed it in the new version (same link as above).

Couple other fixes included, I'm still getting a bizarre crash sometimes from a dedicated server, and I couldn't start a dedicated ONSXL game, but I think that was my puter's memory. All and all should be a bit more stable now.