(360/PS3) Dark Souls

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I got the key to Blighttown but so far I took a break to farm souls and green shards. One level to farm and I can carry the black knight sword I got :)

Okay Balton I got my 360 copy and slayed the Taurus demon already. Been power leveling and can already lift the Black Knight sword I got from that first jerk (took me way longer to wield that thing last time). I'll keep you posted on my progress so we can sync a game night up.

*It seems to me I can summon players around my level that are way better equipped than me so I wonder if I you could summon me as is. I'll try to clear Parish quickly so I can be of assistance in Blighttown.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Okay Balton I got my 360 copy and slayed the Taurus demon already. Been power leveling and can already lift the Black Knight sword I got from that first jerk (took me way longer to wield that thing last time). I'll keep you posted on my progress so we can sync a game night up.

*It seems to me I can summon players around my level that are way better equipped than me so I wonder if I you could summon me as is. I'll try to clear Parish quickly so I can be of assistance in Blighttown.

:( I cleared out Blighttown today, the boss battle was fun though. So that means I should play bf3 mp for a while so you can catch up, ok.

So far I've not managed to be summoned.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
http://www.destructoid.com/praise-the-sun-dark-souls-pc-seemingly-confirmed-225490.phtml

Also there's going to be two new bosses or something. Here's one of them:

dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-reportedly-coming-to-pc.jpg

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Confirmed it is using GFWL. The game is now guaranteed to bomb. Afterwards, piracy will be blamed and Namco will ditch PC again. Sorry, Namco. Make dumb decisions, get dumb results.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
DOOM AND GLOOM EVERYWHERE!

EDIT: For those who aren't going to get so butthurt about GFWL to not buy a great game, here's a trailer:

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzSqBfPQIEk[/m]

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
DOOM AND GLOOM EVERYWHERE!

EDIT: For those who aren't going to get so butthurt about GFWL to not buy a great game, here's a trailer:

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzSqBfPQIEk[/m]

Normally I would agree.. but some people can't even play their games because of GFWL. So yeah being butthurt about this is kinda justifiable.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I just don't like supporting GFWL or supporting developers who can't take a pulse of the PC gaming community. It takes all of 5 seconds to learn that everyone absolutely abhors GFWL using a Google search.

So far I have not spent more than $5 on a GFWL game and it will probably stay that way.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
I just don't like supporting GFWL or supporting developers who can't take a pulse of the PC gaming community. It takes all of 5 seconds to learn that everyone absolutely abhors GFWL using a Google search.

So far I have not spent more than $5 on a GFWL game and it will probably stay that way.

Yep, and I don't like supporting Activision crap like Modern Warfare because they shit on the PC community even moreso. I think you're overexaggerating the importance of GFWL to a game, and even more than that I think Dark Souls is a game worth getting despite GFWL. But hey, I can respect someone standing by their principles (even if I disagree with what those principles are).

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Dark Souls has multiplayer features that are kind of important to the game even if you are primarily interested in single player. I hate subjecting myself to GFWL for multiplayer, but I will for a cheap enough price. Sadly, there are lots of people out there who won't subject themselves to it for any price.