UE3 - UT3 I found the super easy way to mute the annoying ambient sound hum of UT3 jumppads

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

moonflyer

Jun 2, 2003
Shanghai,China
lichong.blogbus.com
I found the super easy way to mute the annoying ambient hum sound of UT3 jumppads

Well I think many of you would agree that hummmmmm sound from UT3 jumppads are really annoying after years of playing (or mapping for)this game.
At least I do. But all these years I didn't really find (I mean by google it) a easy solution to remove that sound without touching anything outside the map. I knew someone tried an inverted sound wave thing before but that looked just like some ugly hacks which I thought may cause potential problem.
But then I just moved on and simply lived with that annoying sound when making my maps(or the truth is I haven't mess around with this game for a long time) until this afternoon.
I found there is an EASY way to mute that sound, just do something like the trick of adding a placeable Enforcer weaponbase into your map.

Now follow the steps:

1) Place a jumppad in your map
2) Select it (the instance) and copy
3) Open your notepad or whatever that can edit text, and paste the code
4) You shall find a part just like:
Code:
         Begin Object Class=AudioComponent Name=AmbientSound ObjName=AudioComponent_0 Archetype=AudioComponent'UTGame.Default__UTJumpPad:AmbientSound'
            Name="AudioComponent_0"
            ObjectArchetype=AudioComponent'UTGame.Default__UTJumpPad:AmbientSound'
         End Object
5) Insert "bAutoPlay=False" into this part so it looks like:
Code:
         Begin Object Class=AudioComponent Name=AmbientSound ObjName=AudioComponent_0 Archetype=AudioComponent'UTGame.Default__UTJumpPad:AmbientSound'
            Name="AudioComponent_0"
            ObjectArchetype=AudioComponent'UTGame.Default__UTJumpPad:AmbientSound'
            bAutoPlay=False
         End Object
6) Now copy the code and paste back into your map (be sure the original jumppad has been deleted), then you get a new jumppad instance which is working just like a normal one except it doesn't make UT3 awkward.
And you can still edit that jumppad in UED too!

I wish someone had found this like 4 years ago. Man that turns out to be so easy...
:(

Last edited: