Clint Eastwood mocks GOP; antics go unnoticed by squares

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Landslide I say!

I think Romney wins by 8% - 9% at this point. I don't see this as close at all. This is going to be a whooopin!

Not sure if trolling... But trolling or not, either way, you are delusional.

Anyway I'll take the bait. The great preponderance of polls show right now the race to be a dead heat, in a straight person by person basis. And my view is that this will still be true until the very end.

But where the math really counts is the electoral college. In almost all of the electoral forecast maps that I have looked at, Obama has a pretty distinct advantage over Romney. First, Obama has more base states than Romney. Second, for the battleground states, Romney must win battleground after battleground after battleground in order to clinch 270, essentially only one linear path. Half or more of the highest yeilding battleground states must be won. Obama, in contrast, can lose one or two or possibly three of the "uber-battleground" states (like Florida, Virginia, Iowa), and still be able to find a path forward. Now, a wrench thrown into this analysis is if Obama loses one of the key states he is forecast to win, even "leaning" states, such as Pennsylvania. Of course, Romney could win all battleground states, but that is highly unlikely at this point.

From a non-analytical perspective on PA, I can only see this happening from the effects from the Voter ID law put into place.

Last edited:

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Zxanphorian

I was not trolling but I was not looking at the electoral forecast maps either. I have now. I see where you would certainly ascertain that Obama is going to win. I was saying I thought it would be a landslide based strictly on a gut feeling and what I'm hearing on several of my conservative media outlets. I'm plenty of not so good stuff from from liberal outlets as well. The tide is turning fast. I feel there are too many things going against Obama that have historically indicated which party would win.

I still feel the same way though. I think we will see a much bigger turn out for Romney than anyone has predicted. I also think things will continue to get worse for Obama the closer the election gets. I think the tic going above 16 trillion hurt him bad on national debt. I think the tic to 8.3% unemployment hurt him the worst. I can't imagine what the debates are going to do to him but he'll lose there too and badly. Folks like me are licking our chops in anticipation for this.

There is a lot of time for people to open their eyes and decide to stop going in this direction. October is always full of surprises as they say. I'm calling it now for Romney.

Thanks for pointing out the electoral map forecasts to me. Very interesting indeed!

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I do not think this election will be close. The conventional wisdom is most minds are made up, and it will come down to turnout. I just think that in an election so close and nasty, something will give. I think it increases the chances that someone will make a major gaffe, or that some external event will change the game. I think that as we get close to the end of October you'll see one or the other start to pull away.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
I will agree this administration didn't start all the mess, but they haven't made it better either.

Bush threw us in the hole, and Obama dug it deeper.

It wouldn't matter who the president was this term, the hole would have gotten deeper either way due to how steep of an incline we are. Just having some new dude in office doesn't change everything or fix everything. The economy is so fucked we aren't going to see much better for the next few presidencies. Just keep that in mind, the best you can do is find someone who won't necessarily get us out of the hole, but won't fuck us over more.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/18-million-u-households-struggling-feed-families-212702600.html

An interesting topic for both candidates that I am surprised hasn't made the rounds yet.

Now granted how much of the 18 million households are just lazy no good sacks of life who rather have handouts, and how much of that is true honest to goodness poor families trying to make a living?

We spend billions on the wars and aid to other countries, yet we can't afford to take care of ourselves first.

Then the question arises of how wasteful we are with our own food.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
yeah, ask without context and ye shall receive without context.

the video from the GOP convention shows what happened during the live broadcast of the final ratification of the entire party platform. the video you just posted only shows the rehearsal announcement of 2 small amendments; the inclusion of "God" and that Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Zxanphorian

I was not trolling but I was not looking at the electoral forecast maps either. I have now. I see where you would certainly ascertain that Obama is going to win. I was saying I thought it would be a landslide based strictly on a gut feeling and what I'm hearing on several of my conservative media outlets. I'm plenty of not so good stuff from from liberal outlets as well. The tide is turning fast. I feel there are too many things going against Obama that have historically indicated which party would win.

I still feel the same way though. I think we will see a much bigger turn out for Romney than anyone has predicted. I also think things will continue to get worse for Obama the closer the election gets. I think the tic going above 16 trillion hurt him bad on national debt. I think the tic to 8.3% unemployment hurt him the worst. I can't imagine what the debates are going to do to him but he'll lose there too and badly. Folks like me are licking our chops in anticipation for this.

There is a lot of time for people to open their eyes and decide to stop going in this direction. October is always full of surprises as they say. I'm calling it now for Romney.

Thanks for pointing out the electoral map forecasts to me. Very interesting indeed!

Well, right now I think it would be a mistake to try to glean a pattern of rapidly changing feelings toward the candidates at this current time. After all, this is convention season, and we know how volatile the "convention bump" can sway voters' sentiments. But, as Gallup found, Romney received no bounce in raw data from his convention. Still, that doesn't take into account reaction(s) in the blogosphere. Beginning with the first debate in October, voter's sentiments will begin to truly crystallize, and one will be better-equipped to make a pattern.

It is generally true that in a referendum election and a normal recession with the national debt at these levels and the above 8% unemployment rate, the incumbent president has an extraordinarily hard time being reelected. But this is anything but a normal recession and it is clearer and clearer that this election has become a choice election. So there is a distinct possibility this election will shatter any type of precedent or trend in public voting.

But if I was a betting man right now, here are my predictions for november. You are right, historically, Obama should lose election. Electorally, based on my analysis, Obama should win election. Statistically, which is what counts, it is a dead heat until the bitter end. Taking all into consideration, I'm leaning towards an Obama win, but a tossup with whoever wins the popular vote.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
opwshv.jpg

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
the video from the GOP convention shows what happened during the live broadcast of the final ratification of the entire party platform. the video you just posted only shows the rehearsal announcement of 2 small amendments; the inclusion of "God" and that Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel.
Uhhh... what? This was on C-Span's live feed of the convention.
Below is the statement from DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz:

“The platform is being amended to maintain consistency with the personal views expressed by the President and in the Democratic Party platform in 2008. Jerusalem is and will remain the capital of Israel. The parties have agreed that Jerusalem is a matter for final status negotiations. It should remain an undivided city accessible to people of all faiths.

“It has been the policy of both Republican and Democratic administrations for decades that Jerusalem is a final status issue to be negotiated directly between the two parties, as part of discussions to achieve a two-state solution that secures the Jewish state and homeland. Our Party platform already expresses strong support for the peace process and makes clear the steps that any Palestinian partner must take to be a part of such a process -- recognizing Israel’s right to exist, rejecting violence, and adhering to existing agreements.”
Don't see the DNC chairwoman denying it happened.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I just watched Clinton give part of his major stump speech for Obama. It was a damned powerful speech, even if it was chock full of holes and sorta-truths. The one item that stuck out for me was when Bubba said that Super Barack created 4.7 million new jobs and Congressional Republicans zero new jobs. Hmm, and here I thought Romney was Obama's opponent in the race for the White House.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
The one item that stuck out for me was when Bubba said that Super Barack created 4.7 million new jobs and Congressional Republicans zero new jobs. Hmm, and here I thought Romney was Obama's opponent in the race for the White House.

Congressional Republicans became relevant in this race when Romney tapped Paul Ryan to be his running mate. Simple as that.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
congress isn't relevant because of Paul Ryan.

congress is relevant because congressional Republicans publicly stated that their goal as elected representatives was to deny Obama a 2nd term; above all else. they would rather see the economy in ruin than lose an election. this is their platform. they say this with pride, and then they turn around to yell at the president for not cleaning up the financial mess (that they created) fast enough.

congress is relevant because it is a physical embodiment of the hypocrisy that Romney represents.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
congress isn't relevant because of Paul Ryan.

congress is relevant because congressional Republicans publicly stated that their goal as elected representatives was to deny Obama a 2nd term; above all else. they would rather see the economy in ruin than lose an election. this is their platform. they say this with pride, and then they turn around to yell at the president for not cleaning up the financial mess (that they created) fast enough.

congress is relevant because it is a physical embodiment of the hypocrisy that Romney represents.

That is true, but I didn't feel like typing a long-winded response. Still, my point stands that when Romney picked Ryan, he created a physical and explicit tether from him to the the obstructionist Republicans in Congress.

Anywho, Bill Clinton killed it tonight. If that wasn't enough to fire up the Democratic base, and to open up the eyes of independents and moderate old-school Republicans to the big lie on the part of the Republicans, I don't know what will. It was high time the Democrats stood up to the grand old fabricated story the Republicans paint of what is going on, and not cower in fear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.