Unreal II to receive network support and more!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
But you should mention most of the stuff now is lost (i don't see nothing wrong in saying this since it was revealed in another forums by the beta owner himself), except for the RC2 then...

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Not quite lost, Epic and DE still have older Betas. But they don't concern most people, because RC9 is the most complete version of Unreal II.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Well, but what about the Unreal betas? I think they should be talked over to release it themselves(with the checks so it is not a free game for non-owners) or give them again, although I doubt they will do after what happened.
Well, if you want I could talk with them too about it.
And still the Unreal 2 alphas are a lot different, so releasing them makes sense...

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yeap, that's true. Like I've said over at OldUnreal, I guess the best way to message them is to write a Wiki-style letter - post a draft somewhere and let people add suggestions. This way it will be a kind of an open, community letter and will be of better quality than a single person could write.

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
Not quite lost, Epic and DE still have older Betas. But they don't concern most people, because RC9 is the most complete version of Unreal II.

I don't understand why it just can't be released now? If RC9 really exists and can be uploaded...then why hasn't it?

Rprocyon

Aug 24, 2009
Well, good luck with this, GreatEmerald! If the 'guy over at UK' happens to be anywhere near Scotland, let me know and I'll go kick his arse into uploading the RC ;)

Ryan432120

May 6, 2009
Best of luck with uploading the RC, GreatEmerald! But what If the 'guy is not over at UK' near Scotland o_O ?

Ryan432120

May 6, 2009
I have my fingers crossed and i sure hope that RC will come out.

I really dont want it to get abandoned

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I'm waiting for December, since there is Xmas there and it's a month after November (any interesting events on November, folks? ;) ) and if nothing will be known, I'll go contact the source until I get some information :p

Ryan432120

May 6, 2009

I understand that RC9 is the most complete version of Unreal II But will it ever be fully completed or will some of it remain cut out ?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I understand that RC9 is the most complete version of Unreal II But will it ever be fully completed or will some of it remain cut out ?

That depends on your view... It's not entirely complete, like the campaign mode, but it's mostly complete. Those other things can be completed by the community. As for things that were cut out in other versions of the game, well, in that case none of the games are complete, and again only the community can help.

Ryan432120

May 6, 2009
That depends on your view... It's not entirely complete, like the campaign mode, but it's mostly complete. Those other things can be completed by the community. As for things that were cut out in other versions of the game, well, in that case none of the games are complete, and again only the community can help.

Well... as a unreal 2 fan and a friend of our community :D
I wish you and anyone that is helping with the Making of the
RC9 Best of Luck !

If any of you guys needs a help with something ill be glad to give you a hand
i dont really know much about programming and developing but still ill be glad to help in anyway that i can :)