What does everyone here do for a living?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CYBER PETE |PuF

Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
I was just curious as to what all of you do for a living.

Unfortunatly playing UT does not pay the bills so what do you guys do to bring home the bacon?

------------------
-CYBER PETE |PuF

[This message has been edited by CYBER PETE |PuF (edited 02-15-2000).]

Artic

As of now I'm a high school senior. Next year a college freshman majoring in computer science. Eventualy I hope to be a game developer/programmer.

bullet2.gif

I think, I think, therefor I think I think I might just be... I think ..?

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Genuine United States Government Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Technician.

No, I don't work for Alaskan Airlines.

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

-Lizard Of Oz -aka- {PuF}Lizard- nguid = 391733

[This message has been edited by Lizard Of Oz (edited 02-15-2000).]

S

STC_Wacky

I'm a college student, studying IT

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

[PuF]STC_Wacky

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
currently trying to figure out how to get paid for playing on my computer all day...

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm Godlike dammit!

hal{PuF}

Butress

The Bearer of Humpage
Jan 13, 2000
Visit site
I sell guns and fire-water to Native Americans.

bullet2.gif

Are you goin' to do somethin'?
Or just stand there and bleed?

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
I am a Criminal Justice major, finishing up my second year in college. I also study a lot of Spanish, being a Southern Californian.

On the side I have worked in all manner of blue-collar type jobs, including landscaping and construction. I am a certified California Security Guard but I do not work as one.

I currently hold a custodian's job with really decent pay and great hours flexibility. I like this job a lot, and plan to stay with it until I finish college.

In what little free time I have I play UT and work on stuff for UT (skins, voices, sounds, textures, etc.

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
I work in metals. I machine metals into various parts for agricultural and industrial applications.
When I was done high school, I did diesel mechanics for awhile, with my father in a farm shop. I was interested in astronomy at the time and started building my own telescopes, including grinding my own mirrors by hand. Then, I kind of talked my Dad into buying a small lathe and a milling machine: so we could fix stuff in the shop (and make telescope parts in off hours). I became more interested in machining as time went by, and soon branched off into my own business. I had lots of interesting projects that I wanted to do that forced me to hit the books quite often to learn how to do things. I did not take any formal training.
After about 5 years of working alone, I decided I needed some help, but I couldn't get anyone on an apprenticeship program until I was a journeyman myself. So, I went and wrote for my ticket (and passed first time,too). Then I started apprenticing a few guys.
I incorporated my business in 1979 and about 1990, I got involved with my first piece of CNC (computer-numeric-controlled) machinery. Then, I started an interest in personal computers, out of neccessity, because that old CNC lathe had no permanent memory to save the programs in. I got ahold of a CAD program to simpify the task of making accurate drawings. That led to getting a CAD-CAM program to facilitate making CNC programs from those drawings.

Then, a friend gave me a copy of wolfenstein........