UT2004 crashes computer when trying to start

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sportaçus

Protecting the citizens of Lazytown.
Feb 17, 2009
I have been playing UT for no problem for years, I have not loaded anything new and have been playing on the same servers.

The problem is that when I try to start UT my, the black screen shows up, but than nothing happens and my mouse and keyboard won't respond. My harddrive is defragmented too. Is there any way I can check to my sure my System folder isn't corruput in some way or am I going to have to do a fresh install?

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I don't know. I don't think I should help someone who's uploading a virus to my computer.

Seriously though, check the log and see what happened.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Press the brightness key a few times. I think it is F10 or F11. You may have had it all the way up and hit it one more time by accident and set it all the way back to no brightness. Thus, a black screen. Just a thought. I've that mistake before.

Sportaçus

Protecting the citizens of Lazytown.
Feb 17, 2009
I got it guys, the UT2004 ini file was corrupt, luckily I keep a back up and replaced it, thanks for the help though. :)

And Hermskii, did you read my entire post, the keyboard and mouse wouldn't respond ;)