Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Does anyone know if you can get the Untouchables achievement by just starting in the finale level. If you can does anyone fancy doing a run with me on No Mercy or Death Toll? Still need to get Stomach Upset too so any takers there would be good aswell.

I don't have that one yet but seeing as how it only requires you and the team to take no damage after contacting the rescue vehicle, I'd assume you could start on the finale. It still seems impossible - even on easy.

I really enjoy doing the expert runs, so if I'm on I'll be glad to do any of them.

Achievements needed:

- Untouchables
- Safety First
- Unbreakable
- Zombie Genocidest (have ~ 21,000)
- What Are You Trying To Prove? (have three of four - need Dead Air)
- Nothing Special
- Stomach Upset

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Does anyone know if you can get the Untouchables achievement by just starting in the finale level. If you can does anyone fancy doing a run with me on No Mercy or Death Toll? Still need to get Stomach Upset too so any takers there would be good aswell.

Funny you mention Untouchables and Hal will probably hurt me for saying this but what the hell :)

Jackal and I joined a game that Funkblast was on as it was nearing the last 2 minutes of the No Mercy Finale. Well Funk ended up getting tanked off the ledge, and Jackal and I took a couple of zombie hickies. When we hopped on the chopper we both earned untouchables :)

Not sure how it happened and I won't argue with it ;)

Side Note: 2 more hours and I will be home for some expert runs

Zimmy

TGMZ
I need...
Crownd
Untouchables
Man Vs Tank
Stomach Upset
Zombicidal Maniac
What Are You Trying to Prove
Safety First
Lamb 2 Slaughter
Nothing Special

The Untouchables and Stomach Upset should be really easy on Death Toll, only reason I can't get it is because of the bots running into the saferoom in the church where a Boomer always seems to spawn. Bunch of chimps... :mad:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Looking at some of those videos, it seems like Untouchables is actually fairly easy. Just hang out on the Death Toll dock and throw a few Molotovs. As long as you avoid the Tank's rocks then you should be able to take him down before he even reaches you.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Crownd - Just unload into her head with the Auto-shottie. Sniper & regular shottie also work though I personally don't trust them on advanced/expert.

No Friendly Fire - I did it offline on no mercy/normal & it it was still a pita.
You need to forget how you'd ordinarily play, especially with tanks as you can't risk lighting them on fire in case they catch one of the bots. Which they will.

Red Mist - Whore it. Play No Mercy or Death Toll finales repeatedly & man the gun.
The bots do a surprisingly good job of watching your back. Usually.

Unbreakable - Melee the bots with your health pack to stop them healing you.
I spent virtually the entire No Mercy finale using nothing but a health pack & got to the chopper with 1 health... eventually.
Pills are ok though. Pills are your friend :)

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Crownd - Just unload into her head with the Auto-shottie. Sniper & regular shottie also work though I personally don't trust them on advanced/expert.

It's best to attempt Witch-killing at point blank range - does more damage, and also you're likely to get more of the spread hitting her. It's the only way to do it with the regular shotgun, because reloading is so slow that you may not get a second shot.

The sniper rifle doesn't work for cr0wning, it only does 90 damage per hit (regardless of range or the bodypart you hit) and the Witch has over 1000 health. It's similarly pathetic against Tanks, although I think it might slow them down more than the other weapons.

Autoshotgun is best because it sprays out more pellets with each shot, and if you fail with the first hit you can keep spamming shots into her.
In the head at point-blank range, the shotguns are good for 120 damage per pellet hit - with a maximum 1200 for pump-action and 1440 for the auto if you score a perfect hit. Any further away than point blank and you'll do at most a fifth of the damage....

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well we attempted Blood Harvest on expert last night and now I see why no one wanted to do it :( Stupid finale is just stupid and that tank is stupid.

Thanks for the attempt though, much appreciated :)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'm still willing to do it. It's just a matter of luck on that one, I think.

Brizz, Hedge, N7, and I tried Dead Air on Expert last night, but had to quit because it got late. We found a weird glitch just after the "Start the Van" standoff. Usually a Tank spawns at the baggage counter just beyond that, but we spotted our Tank peeking out of a doorway in the hall leading up to it and backed off to the escalators. Somehow an invisible barrier was erected around the formerly closed fence and we were able to light him on fire and just wait it out until he died. Fortunately we were able to find a small opening in the invisible barrier over which we could hop - otherwise we wouldn't have been able to progress.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
It's best to attempt Witch-killing at point blank range...

The sniper rifle doesn't work for cr0wning, it only does 90 damage per hit (regardless of range or the bodypart you hit) and the Witch has over 1000 health...

Oops... Yeah, I was assuming people would be point blank.
Good call on the Sniper rifle [never tried it, was just repeating 'rubbish' from the L4D forum & the official guide] :lol:

I know No Mercy finale on expert can be done with the bots but after 20 odd tries & never getting further than the middle of the second wave it was quit or break something expensive... bah.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm still willing to do it. It's just a matter of luck on that one, I think.

Brizz, Hedge, N7, and I tried Dead Air on Expert last night, but had to quit because it got late. We found a weird glitch just after the "Start the Van" standoff. Usually a Tank spawns at the baggage counter just beyond that, but we spotted our Tank peeking out of a doorway in the hall leading up to it and backed off to the escalators. Somehow an invisible barrier was erected around the formerly closed fence and we were able to light him on fire and just wait it out until he died. Fortunately we were able to find a small opening in the invisible barrier over which we could hop - otherwise we wouldn't have been able to progress.
That was really funny to witness. There was a big invisible block in the ground, and it got the Tank stuck in the ceiling or something. We sat back pelting it with Pistol until it died from the fire. In retrospect we should have probably left it alone and let Hedge get Man vs. Tank (does fire damage count for that?).

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Ugh!!! All the custom servers are ruining this game!

Last night it took us 8 or so tries to get on a non-laggy server without custom rule crap on there. One had forced Normal difficulty, one was Versus on a non standard campaign, one was laggy as crap, one had random map switch or something and we went from Dead Air level 1 to No Mercy level 4..... ARGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! Valve really needs to do soemthing about that.