(1) How is the PS3 UT3 community? (2) What mod limitations?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
So I'm thinking about buying UT3 for PS3 (and a PS3) for a Blue-Ray player, but more or less to do some testing with the PS3 and mods/maps for UT3.

So I'm just curious, is the community dead, or is it lively, or what? I'd hate to buy it, then it be like other games, where there's like 1-2 available servers going.

What do you think?
:)

Secondly, what are the limitations for the PS3? Is it true you cannot import any custom sounds/music into a map?

Last edited:

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
yup, no extra sounds in PS3 mods (codec issue) therefore, most mods and quality won't be available on the console.

the community is mostly visibly inactive for the moment because :
A) some don't like the game and stayed on UT2004 or went on another game
B) works fr a mod, but has yet to have something even close to being an alpha build

and more things, but that's about it.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
For now there aren't many people playing UT3 on the PS3. It has been released only in US.
European players will get it at the end of this month, and maybe the player numbers will be higher.

On a last note, they (the US players) seem to like the game a lot, at least the majority of them.

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Well, I bought a PS3 (mainly to watch Blu-ray movies), but I may buy UT3 eventually for it, but it's hard to buy it for PC and PS3. :(