I just got SegaGT for Dreamcast

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[PuF]BadAss

Dec 14, 1999
Visit site
In case anyone wants to know, it is possible to play (most) Japan games on your US dreamcast *safely* with a do-it-yourself mod/swap trick that doesn't involve soldering. It is perfectly safe and reversable. It is impossible to tell you mod your dreamcast, so the warranty will still be good.

All you have to do is tape open (I used a rubberban) the door switch, and the reset the clock each time. NO NEED to remove and de-solder the battery, as previous people have reported.

As proof, I get Jap ver. of SegaGT today and it works on my US dreamcast!

------------------
[PuF]BadAss
ICQ 36081255

ThrasherX9

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
how is it?

i plan on getting a dreamcast, as soon as the price drops at least 50 bucks, its already droped in japan WHY CANT IT DROP HERE ALREADY!!!

bullet2.gif

Time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum, and im all out of gum.-Duke Nukem(he makes it sound like he means it!)
MELTING1.1.gif

O

osirus

im holding off until the psx2 comes out...
i already have one on reserve, dont know when its coming out but i have it on reserve =)

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Is it any good? I've been looking for a new racing game. Is it too "arcadish"? I was thinking about getting Gran Turismo 2...

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
[PuF]BadAss you ignorant slut...

Uh actualy that is pretty cool.

Gee... now Im kinda stuck, I have nothing to talk about...

...uh...Consoles uh...
PCs are better...uh...no I guess you know that...

Oh well..

cool trick I'll spam ya later

bullet2.gif

---Prof. Of Comic-Therory/Comedic-History
Ronnie Mervus will pay for his crimes!!!!
George Lucas, Give us Star Wars DVD! Or I swear I'll kill every ewok there is!!!

ThrasherX9

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
i'll wait a long time before i get a ps2, way to expensive for a freakin consol system, $375 or more, dont remember. Im actually holding off for the Dolphine, the specs are better, much cheaper, and Nintendo has been around ALOT longer. ONE of the only reasons i would buy the PS2 is for munch's oddysy, i lovedthe first 2, and this one looks 1000 times better, otherwise why should i pay an extra $200 for a DVD player when i already have one!!!! Nintendos' smart by giving you a choice to buy one with or without DVD playable consol.

bullet2.gif

Time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum, and im all out of gum.-Duke Nukem(he makes it sound like he means it!)
MELTING1.1.gif

[PuF]BadAss

Dec 14, 1999
Visit site
I haven't played it much, but the graphics and gameplay is very good. Needless to say, the graphics is VERY good, and the cars looks almost as good as those in GranTurisom's pre-rendered intro movies!! In some ways, it is even better, because you can see through the cars' windows in real-time 3D. You see in 3D bucket seats, and a rearview mirror.

Framerates are easily 40-60 fps, with NO slowdown at all, even with 5 cars in view.

I do like GranTurismo's gameplay more, as the races are tighter and has a higher "edge-of-the-seat" feel, but I could be wrong as I only played through mostly arcade mode, and only for a bit.

Replays are good, and looks similar to GranTurismo's style. However, you can't switch between cars during replays (or I don't know how to).

The track scenary is much much better than Sony's GT, as it looks very detailed, with fogs, working headlights that illumunate the ground, busy downtowns, beautiful countryside mountains, etc. Nothing is blurred like Sony's GT.

Load times are FAST, much much faster the GranTurismo. Most of the screens and subscreens load in about 2 seconds!

Eventhough it has an ~100-150 cars, I think Sony's GT cars are better looking.

SegaGT only have Japanese cars. No Viper, etc.

If I can only have one game, I'd choose SegaGT over Sony's GT, simply because once you have seen the Sega' graphics, you can't go back to looking at Sony's GT. It just feels so blurring compared to the Dreamcast.

bullet2.gif

[PuF]BadAss
ICQ 36081255

[PuF]BadAss

Dec 14, 1999
Visit site
If you want the imported Japanese Sony Playstation2 in Canada when it launches in March/2000, it is selling for Cdn$1,200-1,500!!!! It is simply supply and demand, and the DEMAND is high. There are always rich kids who will pay anything.

I suspect the first batch will sell for ~Cdn$1,500, then in about 1 month, import stores will sell it for about $1,200.

As a comparison, the Imported Dreamcast sold in Canada on Dec 1998 for ~Cdn$800 (tax included).

bullet2.gif

[PuF]BadAss
ICQ 36081255

Satsu

Nov 20, 1999
place
The prices of Dreamcast are dropping in Japan mainly because the upcoming release of the PS2. PS2 is gonna be major competition for SEGA so they gotta drop the price to keep in line and keep those sales coming.