Bio gun

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
The thing is even a newbie to the online gaming scene can use this and still kill someone, even when they've been playing the game a lot longer.

Why would you play a game to get better at it just to get shot down by some newbie

Because if you are REALLY good (not only claiming to be good) you can easily counter it.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
bob is right... oh wait

I'd say it's pretty well balanced in comparison to the 2k4 weapon, which was practically useless.

useless
6e8abd86.gif

absolutely useless
77870568.gif

The UT3 bio secondary is annoying as it's not an instant kill anymore & when it's shot at you appears to miss a lot of the time only for you to then die as actually it hit but you get no visual clue :mad:

Surely your screen/view should go a bit green or something before you assplode

Aki

Let's make something Unreal
Feb 2, 2008
UK
I love the bio-rifle, it's one of my favourite weapons of the game.

I think the primary purpose for the bio-rifle is to cover your tracks as you try and get away or for really tight areas.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
It's fine overall but as someone said it seems overpowered in 1v1. You can hold it in charged up for as long as you want (contrary to rockets), and even if you hit the guy when he's right next to you, it won't do any self-damage. Triple rockets can't be held in indefinitely, make a ton of noise, and do self-damage for a reason, yet none of these things are true with goo. :p

gglmidairgoogc7.gif

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
Bio has always been one of my faves too and is really well done in UT3 - very happy grrl they left it in the game cause there was talk for awhile it wasnt going to be included...

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Yeah there was talk of that cannister gun thingo which would hold multiple ammo types hey. Must admit I do kinda miss having a grenade launcher at my disposal but the bio in ut3 more than makes up for that :)

Oh hehe, yeah obviously I dont use the rox nades much at all. Dont really like em, some people might find em useful though :p

Last edited:

Molgan

T-minus whenever
Feb 13, 2008
Sweden
www.apskaft.com
It's seems that even a noob can use this gun and kill a pro. why the hell does this gun even exist.
Because then the newb will go "weee I killed the super dude, this game rox!!" and come back for more. If the newb don't get any kills he will say "meh this sux" and try another game. Less players isn't what this game needs so there's your reason.

unbecoming

The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry
Jan 21, 2008
St.Louis,MO
I'd say it's pretty well balanced in comparison to the 2k4 weapon, which was practically useless.

Bio secondary in 2k4 was the win.You should be able to kill multiple people with a fully charged secondary if they are grouped too close together.Epic nubbed that out completely.The UT3 primary has improved greatly over 2k4,(primary was useless I agree)but I would go back to a proper secondary over an improved primary anyday.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
nice T2A... was he was up on the vials ledge or did you both take the lift?

& will someone please remake rough.. oh wait, there's no point :(
We both took the lift. I was desperately trying to run away because Respira is good and I'm not (was majorly outclassed for some small online GGL thing). Lifts are good for running away because they stop immediate pursuit but he managed to get in there with me. D:

Remaking Rough would be rough (zing!). Lots of things would have to be changed to support the same kinds of movements you could do in UT2004 lest the map have a good portion of its flow removed.

DD

Goober
May 29, 2000
It's just the fact that's wayyyy easier to die in UT3. No matter which weapon you die from.

Yah- it seems to go back and forth. UT2k4 people complained the weapons were underpowered (although I thought they were fairly well balanced, with a bias towards hitscan) now everything is over powered and the hitscan weapons are relatively weaker.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yah- it seems to go back and forth. UT2k4 people complained the weapons were underpowered (although I thought they were fairly well balanced, with a bias towards hitscan) now everything is over powered and the hitscan weapons are relatively weaker.

Exactly how I feel for this game.
Anyone can go argue or call me a idiot, but I also think the weapons in UT2004 were more balanced. People were at least forced to use hitscans, other than always using the Flak/Rocket 24/7 like a idiot. The weapon combo'ing (Fast weapon switching) was also something no other games had, now they killed the game for some hungry console gamers.

It's how UT3 should have been made IMO, still complexive with a better balance of Hitscan/projectile. Relatively no huge nerfing, no cramped stuff with clean or/& bright level design. I don't miss the shield gun but at least it made the game more complexive.

Last edited:

DD

Goober
May 29, 2000
Exactly how I feel for this game.
Anyone can go argue or call me a idiot, but I also think the weapons in UT2004 were more balanced. People were at least forced to use hitscans, other than always using the Flak/Rocket 24/7 like a idiot. The weapon combo'ing (Fast weapon switching) was also something no other games had, now they killed the game for some hungry console gamers.

It's how UT3 should have been made IMO, still complexive with a better balance of Hitscan/projectile. Relatively no huge nerfing, no cramped stuff with clean or/& bright level design. I don't miss the shield gun but at least it made the game more complexive.

If they just took out the double jumps and floaty feel to UT2k4 as well as bring the character models to back UT99 size, it would have been near perfect (for me:))

Also as an aside, as powerful as the weapons are in UT3, I actually think they should have retained the shield gun. :D

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006

IMO 4Ks is better only the time out on it is crap, the UT3 bio rifle loses alot of its sneak attack/mine power being able to shoot the globs, its my least fav of the ut3 weapons.
----------------------------------------------
The UT04 biorifle had alil more power and trap capability, ut3s is useless as a trap weapon the UT3 one has more power per direct hit but less time and can be destroyed.

Really I think all the weapons in UT3 are 20-30% to powerful, but its more like 10-20% in comparison to UT99. LOL