Attention Spoon: JB-Oasis

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
One thing I notice in comparison between the red and blue sides... The red side is much more barren than the blue. I mean that its mostly sandy on the red side, less grass and trees, particularly on the Scorpion hill.

Hehe... make it greener and put a tree-or-two in, like the blue Scorpion hill :)

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
I dunno, I kinda disagree... Well, no, I agree that it is more barren, but it's meant to be that way for gameplay reasons. It's kinda cliche but the red side is sunny and sandy, and the blue side is lush and mostly in shade. A player doesn't have to look around to know what side they are on, they can just feel it around them all the time - achieves kinda the same effect as coloured lighting. I think it's just more noticeable now that I took out the extra detail layers for the terrain. I appreciate the comments though, but I think I'll leave that one (mapper's privelege!). I've set the turrets to EnterTeamUnlocks=True, I agree that is a good solution. Allows some flexibility but also means the team can prevent base take-over if they really want to :) Fixed the thing in the previous pics aswell and uploaded to Nalicity.

http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/spoondog/JB-Oasis-V2.zip

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Curiously, the filesize of the target of the most recent download link (post 42) is exactly the same as that of post 33. Either you forgot to apply the texture to something or you uploaded the wrong version ;)

Its not on NC yet though.

Matthew Leech

Is not my real name.
Mar 11, 2005
No! That is NOT my self portrait!
Poor spoon, you must hate working on this map rofl. So many revisions so many opininions.

LoL, hows ur billiard map? omg i cant wait for that one bro. gunhero and i tested the crap out of that one :D

edit: I think the horrors are over! :D I think this map is ok. except for the fact that i can (kinda) see through the jail in that one spot) but if u cant be buggered then who cares. i like it, i like it a lot.

Last edited: