reinstalling UT3 ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Well, with all the crazyness with servers going to and whatnot, I would like to know the best way to reinstall UT3. My present install is on my WinXP machine built in 2009 and it's still running strong, but I want to make sure UT3 continues if the XP system dies and I want to be safe for online games. I plan on doing this in about a month on my Asus ROG Win8.1 laptop. I know this works with UT and UT2004 as long as you don't try and get online with both computers. How about UT3? Can I use same install disc? If so, do I have to use the same login name or can I change it slightly?

I was able to change name slightly in UT and UT2004 without any problem. All old installs are gone for all Unreal/UT games; at least any I would think of trying again. Presently, Unreal/UT/UT2003/UT2004/UT3 are all installed on my WinXP computer. Thank you.

WGH

Jan 22, 2006
Moscow, Russia
wgh.ath.cx
The install media doesn't matter at all. You can use your old disc, you can download ISO from the internet (though it's technically illegal), etc.
What matters is your CD-key and your login/password pair.

You can reuse your CD-key, it's fine. You probably won't be able to login with two copies using the same CD-key at the same time. Complete lack of annoying DRMs is one of the things that made in UT3 just right :).

You can also reuse your old GaySpy login/password, or you can create a new one. Again, you can't login using the same login from two places simultaneously. AFAIK GS accounts aren't bound to CD-key.

However, what exactly happens to existing GS accounts is not known at the moment.

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Just regarding install media... you can register your key with Steam, and then Steam can manage installs and updates. Or at least you could do so a while back. I think I registered mine with Steam as soon as I was aware that it was possible... probably the main reason I got Steam at all.