UE3 - UDK Thesis Assitance

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

anonymous.csguy

Oct 21, 2013
I'm looking for anyone interested in helping me make an interactive virtual storyteller...for FREE.

I'm hoping to find people with experience in making BSP levels, character design and animation, and especially interaction. I am working on my thesis as a computer science student and I would be very grateful to have anyone to atleast help, regardless of how experienced you are on UDK.

I will not be able to give any monetary value or such for compensation. I can however put you up in my acknowledgement in my thesis paper.

Please contact me through anonymous.csguy@gmail.com or comment in this thread.

Cheers everyone!

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
You want 'help' with your thesis and are unwilling to pay for it? Wow...double trouble. Why not just get someone to write it for you?

Good luck. I am sure you will be a valuable addition to computing academia. :p

anonymous.csguy

Oct 21, 2013
Seriously?! I was asking FOR HELP not for someone to DO IT ALL.

I wasnt asking to have someone make the project without me doing anything. I was simply looking for someone not as simple minded as you to atleast guide me through and stuff like that.

SHAME on you. Read my post again for any statement saying that I WANT SOMEONE ELSE TO WRITE MY THESIS. Shame on you.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
As a general rule; if you have to ask for this kind of help, your thesis aims are too high for you to handle. Don't plan to do something you do not have the basic prerequisite time or knowledge to achieve.

anonymous.csguy

Oct 21, 2013
As a general rule; if you have to ask for this kind of help, your thesis aims are too high for you to handle. Don't plan to do something you do not have the basic prerequisite time or knowledge to achieve.

How else can I progress as a person if I do not take the initiative to learn something NEW? Im looking for someone to help me or atleast guide me without having to bash on my lack of experience.

Why else would I ask for help? I know this would be difficult if I do this on my own, and that is why Im asking for help. Not for people like you to be discouraging me to learn.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
CS Guy, you are asking for guidance in character design, modeling, texture creation, rigging, animation, importing characters and coding it, as well as creating the levels. Every single one of these things is a skill that is excessively documented (you can find loads and loads of good tutorials online for any program you may be interested in) and will require a VERY significant amount of time and effort. And you haven't even bothered explain what you're wanting, only that you seem to need help with everything. Instead of getting mad at people, realize that they're giving you good advice. If you need all of these elements and you don't even know where to begin, you're in way over your head, and you need to think about what your goal is and how you can most quickly and easily attain it, because if it's for your CS thesis, it's the programming that your committee cares about, not level design, modeling, textures, rigging and animation--all things that are far too much for you to take on between (I'm assuming) now to May.

anonymous.csguy

Oct 21, 2013
Thank you for atleast trying to explain it to me properly. The problem is my adviser is focused on the aesthetics of the software. All I wanted was for someone to tell what things to start with and what things I NEED to do. You have mentioned a lot and I am very thankful for it all.

I know this is way over my head but I can atleast try to make the best out of it. Thank you again.

CS Guy, you are asking for guidance in character design, modeling, texture creation, rigging, animation, importing characters and coding it, as well as creating the levels. Every single one of these things is a skill that is excessively documented (you can find loads and loads of good tutorials online for any program you may be interested in) and will require a VERY significant amount of time and effort. And you haven't even bothered explain what you're wanting, only that you seem to need help with everything. Instead of getting mad at people, realize that they're giving you good advice. If you need all of these elements and you don't even know where to begin, you're in way over your head, and you need to think about what your goal is and how you can most quickly and easily attain it, because if it's for your CS thesis, it's the programming that your committee cares about, not level design, modeling, textures, rigging and animation--all things that are far too much for you to take on between (I'm assuming) now to May.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Hyperbole as humor. Missed I guess.

Research assistance always pays a stipend. If it has to come out of your own pocket, then so be it. Shame on you for not offering even a small gesture. I am not speaking through my hat here; I had to pay stipends to assistants for my Master's (out of my own pocket) and for my current doctoral research (a grant, thankfully). Welcome to academia.

If this project is "way over your head" then perhaps you shouldn't have chosen it.