ProU bites it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I already start missing it. If it was still alive, we wouldn't have to put up with its former inhabitants.
I'm a former prou'er and I'm a mod here. D:

Let's try not to emulate the attitudes of the people from prou and saying it's too bad that they don't leave, it's quite bad when people turn into what they hate. Everyone here that's a former prou'er are all cool people except for Lostsoul, he's a very bad man. :tup:

i_hax

member since Jan07... didn't survive
Jan 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
The UT forum was still active. The last I heard, i_hax wanted to buy the domain but I guess he never did. D:

I tried buying it... just for the lulz, but it's not up for sale - yet.

...and Numb, apart from the now-absent Seinfeld'Curse, #s&f is a great channel. Legacy is definitely one of the less egotistical players I've met, and I could say the same for hotcake. Regardless, you should come play with us. Me and cake spent 2+hrs trying to 360-combo-suicide and 360-doublecombo on your map a few weeks back :D

PS: ProUnreal community is an oxymoron.

Last edited:

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
i_hax, I'm really trying to stay away from video games for the summer. However,

I still want to eventually make clean meshes for my map, but I don't have the photoshop skills to make textures. If only I knew how to assign certain faces in my Meshes to apply different textures when I port them in UED.

i_hax

member since Jan07... didn't survive
Jan 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
i_hax, did you used to play on the Titan UT2004 servers sometimes? :)

I played 2k4 for a few months before UT3 came out, but I was a complete noob. I don't even remember what servers I was on. :D Other than that, I have reinstalled it a few times and just play IG or the UMG DM and do stupid stuff like link-secondary only...

i_hax es buena gente :tup:

/confused (nvm google translate wins)

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
yes proU bites. .. but we already knew that... and loved it anyway.

well until it really started to bite.

if only the real pros had kept the kids quiet with duct-tape it wouldnt have been so annoying to try to read through a thread there... its never good when a ut site says goodbye. i still miss unreality.

should we start posted GB2PU? not. goodnite ProU, was swell knowin' ya! (but the swellings gone down) ;)

Archetype

Jul 5, 2009
Man what a bummer.

I registered on the 2nd day the prou forums were up... that led to probably 12000 posts over the past almost 8 years. Didn't think I'd care about a forum that much, actually.

Just registered here to ask for a PM if anyone gets any info about prou coming back up or any stories/info regarding its takedown. I'm sure it's probably something simple like bman just not giving a **** anymore and just taking it down, but if there's some chance of it coming back up I don't want to miss it just for not type 'prounreal.com/forums' in my browser once a week.

Totally bummed out. 8 years, man. Felt like I knew a bunch of those people, clanned with a lot of them, prou was my only contact with em. Now where will I go to discuss Laker superiority, look down on people with bad taste in movies, and pop in and laugh and extreme left and right wingers trying to debate each other but just making the same points over and over again?

Ugh.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Man what a bummer.

I registered on the 2nd day the prou forums were up... that led to probably 12000 posts over the past almost 8 years. Didn't think I'd care about a forum that much, actually.

Just registered here to ask for a PM if anyone gets any info about prou coming back up or any stories/info regarding its takedown. I'm sure it's probably something simple like bman just not giving a **** anymore and just taking it down, but if there's some chance of it coming back up I don't want to miss it just for not type 'prounreal.com/forums' in my browser once a week.

Totally bummed out. 8 years, man. Felt like I knew a bunch of those people, clanned with a lot of them, prou was my only contact with em. Now where will I go to discuss Laker superiority, look down on people with bad taste in movies, and pop in and laugh and extreme left and right wingers trying to debate each other but just making the same points over and over again?

Ugh.

Well, feel free to hang out at BuF. I remember you being one of the most consistently even-tempered and lucid posters on that forum. :tup:

RoughReligion

Jul 8, 2009
it sucks. i remember the very first days with www.unreality.org (preacher) as a similiar community site where a lot of clans from NA and europe had their forums there (and my clan too =RR=). it was always funny stuff there and then a lot of us moved on to prounreal.com later and i had a "second career" in frag union more of a fun stuff for very late night action (im from germany). where else u can meet some old players from the first days of unreal like overtoad. the german equivalent UFD (unreal forum deutschland) is also dead so somehow all history lines are now broken :( dead, dead, dead and burried