UT2kX CTF-AdvancingGuard [Pics][Alpha]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Neon_Knight

Mar 2, 2009
Argentina
NAME: Advancing Guard
VERSION: 0.4
COMPATIBILITY: v3369
DESCRIPTION: An U-shaped CTF map with the Skaarj theme. Each base has four entrances/exits and there are three levels from which players can freely change way, either by Translocator, trickjumping (first to second) the Lifts (both start from first floor, one ends in second and another on third) and Jumppads situated at the corner areas.
NOTES: The first proper "first pass" version, complete with proper placement of everything and 22 spawnpoints, 11 per team. Staticmeshes are in a separate package for convenience reasons. I want to reuse those meshes in other future maps, since I can retexturize them.
OLD 0.3 SCREENSHOTS

CREDITS: Epic Games, OFC. Some of the stuff is also taken from the map DM-CBP2-KroujKran by Rogelio "Desperado#2" Olguin. (Though I can't remember what, I do remember I've used that map and AS-Mothership as inspiration sources) SkaarjMaster and papasfritas from Epic Forums and everyone at Unreal Argentina for testing.
HOMEPAGE: None ATM.
DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
This map needs a preview shot and more weapons and health. I did not see a sniper rifle in here, but did see shock rifles; not sure a sniper is really needed though, but it could work. Yes, stronger weapons and stronger items in middle and up high is good idea……some of this is already taken care of. You said the bots, sounds and music will be added in final, so I won’t comment on them here. Yes, jumppads would be a welcome addition in my mind. I like the starry skybox as well as the moving red/blue lights, green lights, textures/meshes and Udamage location. This could be a very good map with some finishing touches and a beta test of course, since this is only an alpha.:)

Neon_Knight

Mar 2, 2009
Argentina
Uploaded Alpha 0.4 after a very long time. I finally got some time to work on this, at last! Link at the first post. I owe you the screenshots of this new version, though.

Main changes:
- Scaled the map. Now some tricks (especially at the ramps) should be doable.
- Redone placement. It now includes ammo, health, armor and some adrenaline. Now I can truly consider it "first pass". :p
- BOTPLAY! First pass also.
- Redone lighting.
- Now it has 20 spawnpoints: 10 red and 10 blue.
- Fixed movers.
- MUSIC! Skaarj Assault is the go-to theme for everything Skaarj in UT2004.
- Minor fixes and stuff.

Known issues:
- Lighting should be better.
- I'm not sure if the uploaded version is the scaled-down one (it should be possible to go 1st. floor to 2nd. floor with regular trickjumps) or if it has the same scaling as before.
- I'm planning on getting rid of the staticmeshes and just do the walkways as pure BSP. However, the last time I've tried this approach there were areas with no collision at all. :S

I'm also planning a DDOM version.