UE2 - UT2kX Unreal Tournament weapons HD remake (temporary name)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
Hello there, we search a good programmer for our mod while I can implement the models and get some kind of basic mutator done I would like a motivated person at replicating UT99's gameplay and feel at least from the gunplay side.

The required capabilities are good knowledge of Uscript obviously, being able to use elements such as textures to make those LED displays and LCD ones on the weapons, and possibly being able to do hud related stuff.

I'm a modeler / animator, while bloodshot who is doing the HD remakes is a modeler / texturer

Here is a quick preview of the minigun

He have hands, the enforcer, the minigun and the impact hammer done for now, I will animate them, so if you are interested in this project, go ahead, it's only about making straight original UT weapons in HD to UT2004.

The Scope of the mod is about making UT99 gunplay feel and have HD models in the first place, the rest like the HUD elements like it was made in some mods like Nostalgic isn't the main focus but we can go there if wished. We want much more getting something done than something big as I know that if we go with a too complex mutator there will be a lot of work.

And of course sorry for my bad English since it's not my first language, I hope people will be a bit indulgent with me in that regard.

Last edited:

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
UT2004 for now as the thread prefix implies it's for UE2. I should have been more precise. I'm also trying to setup the animation for our first completed model (the minigun) so far this is going well :)

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
Me and bloodshot are working hard to bring the UT vibe in its purest and coolest aspect

18817565_UTASMD.jpg

ibneLIStay5smC.gif

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
Here is the Flak Reel, thanks to blooshot for the model, textures and video :)
I made the animations for the gun and he compiled them while added sound

[M][youtube]http://youtu.be/yfx_CuV3zlw[/youtube][/M]

Last edited:

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
The texture and polycount are fine. The thing is that the texture do lack of metal effects, but that's not a real issue by now.
We still are searching and we have more models ready.
We have made so far

Modelwise

Translocator 60%
Impact hammer 100%
Enforcer 100%
BioRifle 60%
ASMD 100%
PulseGun 90%
Ripper 100%
Minigun 100%
FlakCannon 100%
RocketLauncher 60%
SniperRifle 60%
Redeemer 60%

Last edited:

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
Weapon reel

[M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhpZ1fHWwsQ[/M]

Additional thanks to bloodshoot and his video and sound editing skills as he is the one who made the video based on my animation work :)

we are still recruiting

We still need a programmer, and possibly a guy who knows about particle effects

Last edited: