UT Excessive Unreal 2: Open Beta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen

v5.03 Released!

Holy BALLS. Hello again BuF! It's been a while! This mod has been underway for a long-ass time, and while it's still not quite done (hence Open Beta mode), it's plenty polished and I consider it ready to rock. Especially now, as I have just released the v5.02 patch which did a lot of cool stuff, namely massively fixing up the HUD!

But wait, what IS Excessive Unreal 2?

Oh god. It's nuts. I'm gonna take a few chunks from the ModDB page for this!

Excessive Unreal 2 is one of the most chaotic, stupid, hilarious, and insane mods ever made for Unreal Tournament, and it has incredibly well-balanced, action-packed gameplay. It is set in Hell on Na Pali, and is completely over-the-top with absurdly powerful weapons and giant hordes of a huge variety of enemies. It's Unreal like you've never seen it before.

If you like Serious Sam, Doom, and Unreal - especially when blended together in the most absurd (yet somehow perfect) way - this mod is for you. You can download it on ModDB or from links provided on the EXU2 Forums. Head there for further details!

WOW! That tells me absolutely nothing! You su--

HOLD IT, GODDAMN. OK, want to know some more?

Originally, EXU was a retake of Unreal's singleplayer campaign using a variety of crazy monsters and the Excessive UT arsenal, hence the name. Now, though, there's EXU2, which is bigger and better in every possible way.

EXU2: Batshit Insane, the singleplayer map pack, is built with EXU2's ridiculous weapons and monsters, and is set in dramatically-modified Unreal maps (plus a few new ones). Open Beta currently ships with the first SIXTEEN playable maps and an intro map! You'll tear through hordes of wildly varied enemies with weapons as diverse as they are devastating.

And if that's not enough, you can also use EXU2's plethora of weapons, items, and enemies in multiplayer games or botmatches using any combination of EXU2's mutators. Turn any game into an Excessive discord spree by swapping Unreal or UT guns with EXU2's, adding monsters, and other fun stuff!

You're still copy-pasting from ModDB but I'm actually sort of intrigued!

Awesome! Also, downloads are available on the ModDB page and on the EXU Forums in the Downloads thread, in case you tl;dr'd that first paragraph or two. That's ok; I don't judge you. You are a beautiful, special snowflake and a powerful human being and/or something else.

Anyway, I want to spread the word about this because I think it's in pretty good shape, though I also really could use more feedback! Especially on gameplay balance for lower difficulty levels. Open Beta is the perfect time to make your voice hard and play something that's close enough to done to be fun, but still under development, allowing you to contribute to the process. You can even make your own maps for it, which in fact HAS ALREADY HAPPENED! UBerserker's G59 campaign is awesome.

I'd love to hear your feedback! Even if you think I should just quit trying. Or iron my shirts or something. Lay it on me! And have fun, too :)

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
It looks like I didn't do a good enough job indicating where the difficulty selector rooms are in the intro map, so if you have trouble finding them, consult this guide here:

http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=56617#p56617

This is my bad, but I have the PERFECT solution to this for next patch. Something really cool and interactive, too! But for now, if you have trouble actually starting the damn game due to navigational troubles (sorry!!), then check that link.

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Just discovered a major bug at the end of Map 4, Soul Storage. The door to exit the map doesn't open! Whoopsies! For now, open the console with tab or ~ and type "ghost", fly through the door, then type "walk" and exit the map.

I'll have a hotfix patch up this afternoon.

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Patch v5.03 is out! Fixed bugs, addressed some other things, improved Pentapower display on HUD, and added a couple other features. Huzzah!