UE2 - UT2kX Q: UC2 DLLs ...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NoBigDeal

Jun 28, 2014
... where they are? I'm working on small project and I can't find any of those typical for UE dlls like Core.dll, Engine.dll etc. Are they embedded in some package?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Unreal Engine 2 can be statically linked, i.e. there are no DLLs after compiling. That approach is used e.g. for Linux and Win64 version of UT2004. I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies to console versions of the engine.

NoBigDeal

Jun 28, 2014
... probably, but there is still present info in Import Table about these DLLs - should I check the .xbe files?

UE still needs these native classes right? Can you explain how this work?

BTW: Thanks for the replay.

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
UC2 is an Xbox game, so you can bet it works a bit differently from Windows games. (I don't know anything about the differences, so I can only answer in general.)
Statically linked native code provides the same context for loaded Unreal packages as dynamically linked native code does. The difference between them is that the engine doesn't try to load native code libraries when loading packages. Unreal packages don't point at native code libraries, they reference existing native code - which is already loaded when the game is running via a statically linked binary.