The Future of Insite

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The Future of Insite
posted by T2A`, at: 19:02:47, Monday 14th April 2008

Any readers of BuF should be aware that I do not enjoy UT3 and never enjoyed it at any period over the months I had it installed. I kept hoping Epic would patch it up quickly and its issues would subside and the game would be great fun, but that never happened. I recently uninstalled the game and unless Epic can fix it up I will not reinstall.

So, let's get to the point: I am resigning from Insite. It's been a good four years but there is, in my opinion, too much wrong with UT3 for me to continue. I really miss the old days of UT2004's popularity, both on the servers and here at Insite. How can I continue reviewing for a game I do not enjoy, right?

As for Insite, she's not going anywhere. In theory. Homeslice has all the admin powers necessary to keep the site running as it always has. If he's up for the job then Insite is fine. If not then it is inevitable that the site will slowly grind to a halt. If you find this message still at the top of the news queue in a few weeks then suspect the worst.

It's been fun but it's time for me to go. If you want to help out by becoming a reviewer, feel free to click the "Join Us" link to the right.

cu,
T2A`
It's funny I've been having some issues with UT3 and thought recently about whether I should uninstall it; and whether I should just be playing more UT again.

I just now got it to run although I've had a lot of the stuff I've seen on both the BU and Epic forums happening to my installation as well.

Thanks anyway for the(In)site. I'd review a few maps myself but I don't have as much time as I used to.

See you.:tup:

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Oh man,that are sad news.Sure,it is T2A`'s opinion about UT3,I don't played UT3 yet,but all things I have seen are breathtaking and my opinion about the game from the pictures is very different to his.However,I hope he is still in the UT2004 business or not,just because when I played at FragBU with him,it was much fun.;)

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
Thx for all the reviews! For me I can say that I like UT3 same as UT2004. But Im ever more an Onslaught guy and now shiped to WAR and VCTF.
I think that these gametypes are much more playable and better to handle on UT3 than DM. Never played DM but people told me.
I really hope that there will be a comeback someday. Maybe with 'Unreal Tournament 4'?
You guys did a great job to the community. Thx.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Insite coming back soon!:)

(stay tuned, film at 11 or sooner)

April Fools!;)

(don't crowd the room, plenty of room here, hello, hello, hell-o-o-o-o-o, anybody here-ear-ear-ear........)

Last edited: