I'm looking for feedback about XMP-CXP-LastRites

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Well, beta version of the map has been playing on X_Clan and MYU servers for a while. Basicaly, I am looking for people to tell me what works, what is broke as far general layout goes. Don't give me any feedback about SPECIFIC cosmetic type things(lighting issues, one teammesh at a generator WAS broke etc.) or FPS. TRUST ME, I have fixed those. FPS in my current version is about 10-20 higher on most low end systems. However, if it's some more general like: Fog sucks beacuse of whatever tell me

The main things that have been commented on:

-Areas near bases need to have more cover
seems reasonable enough, done

-Map needs a second deploy point
I've put this in but I have misgivings..

Anyways, talk to me before I put out the final..

IAS|Spiff

Jan 22, 2004
Very nice map, but could it be possible to decrees the ranger's sight. Insted of building more cover at base, make some fog ??

It's to easy for a ranger to stand upon the hill's, and take out base defenders... i always play as a gunner(and i don't complain about maps :D)

Played u'r map on some server, and instently got sniped when trying to get out of the base(some lame sniper was hiding out there..:p)

Besides that, a very good map...(hmmm, there are some spots on top of the gen inside the cave. where u get stuck...when climbing the montan..not mutch .,.)

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
Hey, we run it too :p
I like this map. Kinda reminds me of Garden because of the layout. I agree with the sniper thing, that's annoying, but there are a lot of other maps where that's possible too...
Oh, and the radar image wasn't aligned properly. Don't know if you fixed that.

llam0rz

[pet]llama
Jul 15, 2004
It's probably my favorite cXp map because it doesn't mess with the gameplay and has a strategy based design. However, defenders in the node get annihilated by a tech on the above platform lobbing gas grenades into the EXTREMELY confied node room. Maybe if that was a TAD more spacious..

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Could add a particle affector (sp?) in the node room to blow out any gas. Perhaps setting up the occulding to BSP so it doesn't effect the rest of the map? Just a thought.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Okay so this I got so far. Also, 2nd deploy is placed at harby spawn for now, basically the only place i could think of too add another deploy without major redesigns or major changes to flow of map.

IAS|Spiff said:
hmmm, there are some spots on top of the gen inside the cave. where u get stuck...when climbing the montan..not mutch

Ok that's easy enough make mountain steeper.. Not really supposed to be able to get up there anyways(though I know you can)

petCROW said:
Good map, maybe make the tank/raptor spawn longer.
flack ho said:
make the tank one longer

That one works for me.. Wasn't it you flackho that told me to lower the spawn times from what I had them set at originally in earlier versions of this map?

flack ho said:
o yeah and the turrets fed up with being killed by those as they are too hard too hit from a decent range aka close

Well, added more cover to near base. Unfortunately, it's rocks made of terrain otherwise I lose the massive improvements made to FPS. Probably, the best way to deal with that..

fireball said:
Hey, we run it too

Ooops, sorry haven't it played it there. (radar thing comes under the specific cosmetic problems :p)

IAS|Spiff said:
Very nice map, but could it be possible to decrees the ranger's sight. Insted of building more cover at base, make some fog ??

It's to easy for a ranger to stand upon the hill's, and take out base defenders... i always play as a gunner(and i don't complain about maps )

I'll tinker with the fog some more. Problem is map starts looking ugly if I bring fog in too close.
llam0rz said:
defenders in the node get annihilated by a tech on the above platform lobbing gas grenades into the EXTREMELY confied node room. Maybe if that was a TAD more spacious..

No can do, TBH. It would require a complete redo of the bases.. There's not much roombetween the blisters in the node room and the outer ring. Also, the hallways into the node really can't be made much steeper. However, Xaero did say this , which I will play with:

Xaero said:
Could add a particle affector (sp?) in the node room to blow out any gas. Perhaps setting up the occulding to BSP so it doesn't effect the rest of the map? Just a thought.

Last edited:

Loqa

Dec 13, 2001
the low lands
Visit site
Nice Level
As for the fog I think it doesn't oclude automaticly. You can see what is being rendered if you type in the console "rmode 1" or 2, the one where everything is wireframe. You see that everything is still visible. If you set bClearToFogColor of your ZoneInfo to true everything beyond the fog end is gone hence increasing FPS.

:cake:

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Yah, everything looks good in rmode 1 and 2. Don't remember whether I remembered to set bcleartofog but then again I got cull distances set on the meshes just past fog. The fog comments were about playability rather than FPS issues.. (I fixed those other ways for the most part, cull distance, zoning etc..)

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
PRG : idea to slow /stop some of the jugger/raptor whoring (people in servers just jumping in them at bases camping ).. put a hackable wall infront of the raptor/jugger deploy.

for the big hill with the cross, make it less smooth so people trying to camp with juggernauts (happens 5-10 times every single play through it) have a harder time finding a good spot, jugger camping where you can shoot an entire half of the map is kind've lame IMO

llam0rz

[pet]llama
Jul 15, 2004
PRG said:
No can do, TBH. It would require a complete redo of the bases.. There's not much roombetween the blisters in the node room and the outer ring.

I understand that, it's just that trying to camp the node as def. or something, especially as a gunner is worthless because a tech can just stand there and lob gas in on you and also blow up any mines in the surrounding areas as well if he tosses them towards the escape ramps. The effect gas has on the node is horrendous, but whatever that idea was.. if it makes it less of a damn near guarunteed kill (considering gas seeps through walls as well, and those walls are packed close together) it would be great.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Loqa said:
... You can see what is being rendered if you type in the console "rmode 1" or 2, the one where everything is wireframe. You see that everything is still visible. If you set bClearToFogColor of your ZoneInfo to true everything beyond the fog end is gone hence increasing FPS...
hehe... was looking for those set commands... thanx

btw, for those interested, you can also get the wireframe effect by using certain older asus Geforce drivers (which can be modded for other brands of Geforce cards). These drivers had the ability to do wireframe. It's quite a controversial "feature"...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.