old school toys/games.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lt.Col.BoyHitsCar

AFA Member & Beta Team Target
Feb 18, 2002
Visit site
hmmm, well i used the search and i guess our old school games/toys threads werent that old.

i just wanted to know if any of you can remember the names of these toys. i've been cleaning my old toy closet for stuff to give to my nephew and stuff i want to keep for my child one day.

the first 2 are little computer chip/board toys from mattel, but i cant find anything out about them. i used to have like 10 of them, they were kinda popular for a short period of time when computer gaming started coming about.

the second is a jet that had a removable joystick to it, if you held the joystick up or ran with it the sound would accelerate. same if you dropped the nose it would deccelerate. the thumb button if pressed left would fire guns and right= missle lock tone followed by missle fire. was pretty cool. i had a f-16, f-18 and the f-14 shown. all came with multiple decals to choose different flight groups(i chose jolly rogers for the tomcat) and multiple missles,fuel tanks and bombs depending on the jets role.

anyways i'm trying to figure it out so i can either look for more or see what ever happend to them.

Attachments

• toys2.JPG
    toys2.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 57
  • toys jpg.JPG
    toys jpg.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 59
  • toyjet.JPG
    toyjet.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 67

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
****loadsof lego, technic, mechanno (the older actually metal stuff) and scalextrix :D oh and if you want to go back even further in time you can count brio too.

sublime

Cynic
Aug 1, 2000
Texas
www.caffeine-addict.org
I've been trying to remember the name of another toy and just found it. Capsela. It was cool...you could build stuff out of it that actually did stuff. I remember making boats, submarines, cars, and all kinds of crazy stuff with it. I think I even tried to build a mech but never could get it to work right.

Attachments

• capsela1.jpg
    capsela1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 29
  • capsela2.jpg
    capsela2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 25
  • capsela3.jpg
    capsela3.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 21

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
Whoa! Sublime! I used to have those Capsela things. I made one of those big submarines from a kit my parents got me for a birthday or christmas. Hehe, I made a boat/sub that was way too top heavy and it flipped over and the motor got all wet. They were a blast and pretty challenging for me. I think I was about 7 or 8 when I took a crack at them.

ragingsamster

oldfartis nongratis
Jun 4, 2001
Washington
Visit site
I'm far too old... I thought lincoln logs kicked some serious butt as a kid

farmgoods_1746_117386264

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
amazing, i was thinking of that when reading the thread. didn't kown was used world wide :eek:
i may even have some left. i remember the roof plates with some kind of pointy staple to attache them. something like that would be forbiden today :p

Chillinzebra

Nov 14, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I had capelsa too :) I really loved that stuff... these days I think lego mindstorms has taken the place of that stuff... My dad's friend jacked my legos for ever man... he had them from like last june to last november...

edit: eep, wrong dates

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
All I ever had was Lego and the technics lego-stuff.
Then I had a few of the do-it-yourself electronics kits made by Philips.
And regular plastic modelkits by Revell and the like (which I just glued together and never painted ... )
I never had any of those crappy plastic toys (not even those Playmobile-things).

Last edited by a moderator: