Code exchange?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xyx

Vehicles++;
Dec 12, 2005
Congratulations on the awesome content! I noticed a few mechs among them. It so happens I've built a few mechs myself. I was wondering... do you have functional mech code, and would you be interested in exchanging some? :)

I've built three mechs so far: a humanoid and a spider based on ONSHoverCraft, and a big, ponderous humanoid based on ONSTreadCraft. It's generic, it's fully functional, but it's not perfect yet. I'd love to have a look at how you guys made it work, swap out some ideas, maybe work on some stuff together... Let me know! ;)

Thank you for the kind words.
Our new site has not even completed yet.
I do believe you're the first visitor to our new forum.
Our site launches officially, this coming friday.

For now, we're only showing a fraction of our mecha.
Naturally yes, we have mech code, in many flavors.
After all, Team Orbit was first to put vehicles into Epic's engine.

We will however have to discuss this further through private messages.
You'll understand why when we do speak.

BTW, thanks for dropping in.
Friends are always welcome.

Maxx777

Dec 12, 2005
hi Xyx

hello. first, i would like to say that this is one of the finest asortments of vehicles (rivaled only by yours, Xyx) and i think i know someone who can help you both. The good man over at union city blue mod (forget his name) has perfected both mech walking animation/coding and he has a perfect ejection system where the player is launched into another playable unit. give him a ring( BTW: Xyx, he is also a magnificient skiner, he might be able to help in your little skinning ordeal.)

PS: is the Kruger going to be absolutley enourmus?

Goodness! Word is getting out.
Thank you for the kind compliment.

We have 4 ships that are massive. The Yammamoto from Japan which you have not yet seen, is a spacecraft carrier, loaded down with nexgen Zero fighter craft. The Kruger. well it speaks for itself. I'll post a movie that shows it, probably this weekend. The Goliath is also a spacecraft carrier. and finally the Lotus pictured in our gallery, is not a space fairing vessel, and belongs to China. There is another HUGE surprise in the form of a ship that will make the gamer's from Korea jump in joy... but it remains a secret for now.

BTW, Team Orbit has always, and still is willing to work with like minded individuals. In fact we teach a master class every Tuesday night on our private network. The classes cover the softs we use here for game creation. In the near future, we will make some of those classes public, teaching techniques not yet available online.

Thanks for dropping by. If you two are any indication of the current condition of this community, then things are looking up for UT gamers everywhere.

Doc Shock

User-Created Content Addict
Dec 13, 2005
Germany
First off, congratulations to your achievements, Team Orbit! The stuff you guys have put together looks absolutely amazing. :2thumb:
I remember the good old days of Neo Cairo and am a fan or your work ever since. It was quite confusing that your new site disappeared after only a few weeks of web presence to be replaced by that 'maintenence'-placeholder. A few days ago I noticed that the placeholder was replaced with the 'coming soon' splashpage, and since then I checked the page daily.

@Topic:
It is incredible how many similarities can be found between the Orbit Wars vehicles and the ones Xyx has in the works, he's working on a giant space ship, too (but it has some serious physics issues, therefore he hasn't released it yet). It would be amazing if you could establish a productive knowledge-exchange.
I don't know how familiar you guys are with the INA forums, but the XS vehicles beta thread is the longest thread in the official UT2k4 forum, which means a huge part of the unreal community is waiting desperately for Xyx's vehicles to be released, so anything that would help to get them done would be a great favor for the whole UT community. And Xyx is a brilliant coder, so you guys might benefit from his knowlegde as well, I don't see a reason why you should not help each other out. (Otherwise I wouldn't have pointed it out to him that you are back online, hehe)

Greetings,
Doc Shock

Ok, an explanation:

Apparently, the Roadkill forums were hacked into, and BeyondUnreal went down for a few days. Then QAPete took our forums down, saying we had been using the same version of VB that Roadkill had. He also took our entire site down saying that our content (pic) section was also using VB. So as you see, disappearing was not Team Orbit's decision.

It just took a bit of time to rebuild our new site, and the network of sites Team Orbit now enjoys. We have a sister to this (our current headquarters site) here, linked differently, so should our Beyond Unreal site get hacked or taken down. We will appear someplace else within 24-48 hours, and that is my promise.

As far as helping another team goes, we of course will. It is important to have a thriving community, and a multiplicity of great mods will help rebuild and maintain it. That being said, as you can see by our pics, we are ourselves in the process of "eating an elephant" (NeoCairo). Our TC is huge, so we could use a few extra hands, especially since we're now going into the machinima of it all.

Gotta say, it is heartening to see people stopping by. Even more so when it is a friend from the past. You are definately welcome here, Doc Shock.