Unreal Tournament 2007 Interview

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
Majik- said:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting some more info on the core gametypes/gameplay as well.

OK, here you go:

In DM you shoot other people. If you have shot more than the other players, you win.

In TDM it is the same, except that you have two teams fighting each other. The team with more frags wins.

In CTF you have two bases. You have to carry the opponent's flag to your own base while your own flag is still in your base to score.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Neophoenix said:
... I'm glad the adren is out of them.
I can understand that it's not in CTF, but at least DM needs gimmicks like this to keep it from being the same ol' boring kill anything that moves and grab your ammo/weapon nonsense.

Then again ... I've always played DM (off-line) with at least one fun-mutator ....

I'm just worried that UW will be so complicated that it won't be worth playing. It almost sounds like those games where you have to construct a tank facility in order to produce tanks, and you build laser defence platforms, while colecting resources for prduction. If that is the case I will never play it.
Since he's referring to 'AI-commanders' I'm under the impression that you won't need to think about stuff like that except when you want to.

I'm thinking it'll be like ONS is already, but with nodes giving access to additional defensive/offensive features. So instead of tanks you activate a shieldgenerator. On top of that thinkof the way the AI in ONS decides which nodes to attack. As a player you can either hang back and follow the AI or you can take the lead and tell them to follow you ... with a bit of streamlining of the command-interface for players (ie : stuff like "squad alfa defend shieldnode", "squad bravo attack turretnode 1") one could do pretty neat things.

With a bit of luck it's like the commander-role in BF2 :
if you've got decent players in your team you can play without, but a lesser team with a better commander still has a chance to win ...