Review Discussion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UTGirl

Link(gun) Lady
Klasnic said:
....I made sure I didn't in mine (was sweating thinking I'd forget). I still think generally the scores are too high though. I'm not being strict and 7.75 for Hide's model is a very good score in my books.

When you get used to rating maps and seeing how other ppl rate them you soon realise how things are rated - eventually it's like second nature - that's why I like MapRaider so much it's honest....

We should have a rating system! Obviously the ppl are thinking that a 7 is not a good score for a skin ;)
and on the other hand I think all reviews have been made for skins the reviewers like (most), so it`s only natural that there are extremly high scores :p

What do you think of that:

0 - one of the worst ever
1 - serious data crap
2 - bad quality
3 - there exists better works
4 - some people might like it
5 - average
6 - good
7 - very good
8 - excellent, download is advised!
9 - perfect and flawless
10 - The developer should be recruited by Epic

btw, another nice review MäxX and a good job with the Desert Falcons! Starry Might wrote nice bios, a nice service making this an int-file :tup:

Last edited:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
UTGirl said:
What do you think of that:

0 - one of the worst ever
1 - serious data crap
2 - bad quality
3 - there exists better works
4 - some people might like it
5 - average
6 - good
7 - very good
8 - excellent, download is advised!
9 - perfect and flawless
10 - The developer should be recruited by Epic

Excellent idea UTGirl that'll be put in my Template thread so people can see what each score means (in each review). I'd still think we can score in the 7.x style though so it'd mean between 7 and 8. Now let me look this over one more time...

I'd add this to the follwing;

6 - Good (but not a keeper)
7 - Very Good (definitely a keeper)
8 - Excellent (you'll use this for a long time to come)
9 - Perfect (SaDaGe!!) :lol:

I'll leave it here for the mo to let other people have their views and also the scores in the current reviews might need to be adjusted 'cause they don't reflect the points here... So let's hear what others have to say :D

[EDIT] I'd change 10 to something else as some community modellers should probably be hired by Epic but it doesn't refelct the actual skin/model. Someone with a score of 7 for a skin/model could be good enough to be hired you see and yet it can't be score 10 if you know what I mean :tup:

Last edited:

UTGirl

Link(gun) Lady
I`m the same oppinion *g*

Adding this at template or something else is a great idea, anyone should know what the scores mean

btw obviosly the MercFem is not only the favorite model to be skinned....no also to be reviewed :lol:

Adjusting scores sounds good. We are still at the beginning and nobody is perfect :D

EDIT:
yap the Score.x-style should also be kept, sometimes it`s difficult to say if a skin is only good, or very good

Last edited:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I know how I'll do her alright but I tend to keep it secret. Maybe I'll post a WIP when I start her - I don't usually 'cause I skin very fast so it's not really worth my while :) As for the name it'll probably be something mad as usual to annoy SaD when he's spelling it on SkinCity :lol:

My next project is EvilEngine's boob-enhanced Ophelia so it'll be sometime after that - she'll be called Svetlana :D

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
secrets are always nice :p oh yeah give her a long and hard to spell name :)

ok, when the new scoring sys is on, I`ll revise the reviews final score

EDIT:
So a skin with a score of 7 can be proud? OK, I`ll change the scores now.

EDIT2:
done

EDIT3:
No further complainments! :p

EDIT4:
thx for keeping the revs clean :)

EDIT5:
quite about time to review one of klas` skins. The next one will be it *g*
There are some others which also have to be reviewed at all costs :)

EDIT6:
just to make an EDIT6...sorry

EDIT7:
Are my reviews to short? too long? at right size? or anything else unfitting (the scores should fit now!!)

EDIT8:
I`ll take a look of Yelena today, and review tomorrow. I think all new available skins should be reviewed by someone :tup:
In that case the review section makes the most sense (only IMO of course)
Anyone wants to review the robot model? Or shall I take that too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I just love it :D

And Slaughter, I just can`t await to get my hands on your Nicolas Cage Skin ;) Looks great so far :tup:

There are some great skins (UC2 Skinpack, Rex`s new skin and your NC) coming up, so much work to do :D

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
What do you think (especially our two reviewers :) ) to create a "release-queue for SkinCity-Sticky-whatever-Thread?
I can post the links to the latest skins/models uploaded to the Fileworks , if someone wants to review a skin/model right in time for the release @ SkinCity ?
There aren´t so many skins at the moment , so there isn´t much time to review it before the skin/model hit the mainpage (+1 day after Fileworkslink).
Only a idea .

Comments ?

klasnic said:
As for the name it'll probably be something mad as usual to annoy SaD when he's spelling it on SkinCity :lol:

I copy the name from your read-me ;) :D .

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
SaD said:
Only a idea .

Comments ?

:2thumb: :clap: :tup: \o/:notworthy: :rockon: :crazydance:

SaD said:
I copy the name from your read-me ;) :D
how boring....very intelligent but still boring :p

EDIT (once more *g*):
that`s a great idea, so with the release you can link to the review. that`s the way it should be :tup:

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
Release-Queue

Give me more work MäxX . Now I have to check all the fileworklinks after uploading :lol: .

Tell me , íf the Queue is ok .There aren´t pics (get uploaded with the release and I can´t upload them earlier due to our database).

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
SaD said:
Give me more work MäxX . Now I have to check all the fileworklinks after uploading :lol: .

:lol: I know we are all nuts :p

Ok, I`ll take Antivenom and Foxfoxes. Reviews should be ready tomorrow morning.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
SaD said:
Great , but don´t expect something special.
Never expect too much and you avoid a dissapointment :D

Since now I`ve always reviewed skins I knew and I enjoyed, a total review "from scratch" is a new challenge, I`ll try it :D

I can`t expect all skins at same qual like slaughter, rex and klas.
I expect them at my N00b niveau, so I`ll be not to strict ;) (but scores are also not given as presents)

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I've downloaded the model pack *fingers crossed* as that'll be a lot of work to review - Will take a look at it later today and post a review asap :)

[EDIT#1] @ MäxX I edited my Exile score to reflect the new rating system. 6 - good but not a keeper ;)

[EDIT#2 MäxX Style] I bags Slaughter's Emeka too as that's my fav by him :D

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
With that many skins going online, we obviously need more reviewers *g*

Good, finally we all use the same scoring sys :)

EDIT: This pack is huge! Hopefully a good one!

EDIT2: So my planned reviews are done :p

EDIT3: Added some temporary pics to the reviews (will be replaced by SkinCity`s as soon they are on)

EDIT4: Maybe we should sort the reviews in the list by score? The best on top ;)