R.I.P. Fragbu?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
[SCREENSHOT]http://r3n3.pantswithfeet.com/photos/2007/01/violinist.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I might have played FragBU but UT3 wasn't good enough. I could have seen past its problems (like I did with UT2004) if the matches and environment were still fun, but given the crappy netcode, the terrible vehakal gametypes (way worse than UT2004's ever were), and everyone's penchant for goofing off, I decided to go play something else.

Oh well.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
stop blaming ping. UT3 sucks dong

No. Really. I like UT3. Somehow FragBU always felt like the worst server I ever played on. I tried to join in a few different times and always gave up due to the connection. I'm sorry FragBU died but I'm not sorry I didn't support it more. It's hard to want to play a game like UT3 with 140 ping and a vent server full of people screaming like 6th graders.

Ultimately though, what killed FragBU was other games that stole players away. If you look in the BU Steam channel these days, most people are playing MW2, TF2, L4D2, etc.

That being said, UT3 is a timeless game you can always come back to. I've recently rediscovered 1v1 after a couple years of playing TF2 and realizing there was literally nothing left to learn in the game. Shelving the server was a good idea, but we should be open to occasional lower-key BU events like pubcrashing with a small group or similar.

Last edited:
New Event Proposals?
I'll start:
Leave BUMs 4 Dead!
Massively Effect a BUM today.
Call BUMs to Duty
Intrude a BUMs Borderlands!

..I dunno what else do you guys play?

I really never played at FragBU much myself, but thanks for always having the option there throughout and Beyond all of the UT franchise's best and worst times. /salute

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
It was fun for the first while after UT3 came out.

Then after a while, i pretty much stopped playing UT3.

Still play lots of 2k4, as it's not a dead game yet.

RIP FragBU UT3.

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
Lots of new fresh high profile multiplayer games coming out. Not to mention the popular ones already out and it's been 2 years.

At least the UT announcher will be present in some of them...

undyinglight

May 25, 2009
I just redownloaded UT3 and was going to play for the first time this weekend. I guess thats clearly not going to happen.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
This is only one of two clips I ever recorded from FragBU UT3 and it's only a few seconds. I had plenty in 2k3 and 2k4.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kg53cIMXjM&fmt=22[/m]

If anyone else has FragBU material they'd like posted and you don't have a youtube account, let me know. You can send me the videos and I can upload them for you and post them here. :tup: