DA Group Licenses Unreal Engine 3 for Animation Application

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Another Unreal Engine 3 licensee; the DA Group makes use of the engine in a somewhat differet - though not unprecedented - manner.

GLASGOW (October 23, 2009) - DA Group announces it has licensed Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3 for use with Muvizu 3D, the Company's free 3D animation package. Recently released as a public alpha, the Muvizu 3D application is available now for download from Muvizu, a site which allows users of all skill sets to collaborate on film, audio and drama projects with easy-to-use tools and viewable results in real time.

Robert McMillan, the lead developer at Glasgow-based DA Group, said that the decision to opt for Unreal Engine 3 was a "no-brainer," and Epic's engine technology leaves other possible contenders standing in all the key areas.

"While we could have run with another engine, we preferred the robust, proven technology that Unreal provided and the added ability to accept assets created in Maya, the tool of choice for our creatives," McMillan said.

"Furthermore, as our project progressed, it quickly became apparent that the developers at Epic were willing to offer support at every turn. To be frank, I found their cooperation and flexibility... well, I suppose you could say unreal."

"Unreal Engine 3 is already being used to create commercial films and animated series, but now Muvizu is opening up linear animated content creation to the masses," said Mark Rein, vice president of Epic. "It's so easy to learn, even kids can use it. We congratulate DA Group for introducing this free, user-friendly package for animation projects."

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm sure people missed the post above from the creators of the software, if anyone cares.