UT2004 - Model/Skin Pack - X - BredgePack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think of this pack?

• :tup:

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • :hmm:

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • :tdown:

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Skin/Model Name: BredgePack
UT(99/2k3/2k4): UT2004 retail+
System Requirements: None specified / Not applicable
Author: X
Download: Here

Screenshot:

Model: 6 new models / numerous skins also
Animation: Default Animation - Robot (BotA) on all models
Voice: Default Voice - Robot on models, default on skins
Other: N/A

Support (SP/MP/Both): Single Player
Support (Team Colours) (None/2/4): None
Known Issues: One character "Onads" doesn't show up in character selection screen. Pack will probably have online issues (not tested)
Additional Info: None

REVIEW

First off, this is not something I'd normally download but I've taken a look for this review and quite enjoyed myself doing it. This pack is really geared toward the younger UT players and many characters may be known to them 'cause I'm assuming they're from some kinda' cartoon - If they're not they sure should be. Here goes...

The Good:

Big selection of characters to choose from. The models are pretty cool and I need to describe each as best I can - these are the good ones with a little info;

Samus - looks cool - helmeted robot type character with cartoony look. Nice, bright and colourful.
Samus Prime - as above - this is a darker black/grey version
Samus Gravity - as above - purple and red version (colours don't mix on this)
A.N.N.A - Bespectacled plump guy in a space suit - looks very funny indeed :lol:
Halo MC - Skinnier (I think) version of the Halo game character
Getta1 & Grandizer - Both models remind me of transformers or something along those lines. Something oriental in the design methinks.
Another model, S Fusion is a modified version of the first mentioned.

Lots of skins of the author's personal friends (mercs and juggs) (smiling mostly) :lol: Couple of good Alien skins. I may have forgotten some as this pack's so big! Some portraits are really good making them look like superheroes.

All are available as the player's character in Single Player mode which is a plus for those who want them.

Finally, the ReadMe instructions re. installation are easy to follow (no "I don't know where to put it" here).

The Bad:

No team colours :eek: Most of the skins are too bright and the faces in particular look nearly white in game - package would have been better without them imho. I'd say they'll have online issues for a few reasons but mostly the way they're named. Package could have been compressed more as they're not detailed and also the animation file still has all the default game robot meshes in it.

The Bottom Line:

I stress these are really geared toward a younger audience as almost everything in the pack looks cartoony. All the models use the robot animations and voice but some characters would have been better with human voices - It's strange hearing MC speaking in a robotic voice and many other characters look more helmeted human than robot. This is not a bad pack imo and if you forget the skins (except maybe one of the Alien ones which is actually pretty good) it's worthwhile getting just to take a look. A.N.N.A alone will give you a few giggles. Guaranteed this will bring a lot of younger ppl playing UT once they see the parents using some of the models.

Final words... Lose the skins, release the models separately and they'll be a lot more popular. Still good though :)

TOTAL SCORE 5.5/10

Last edited:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
klasnic said:
Samus - looks cool - helmeted robot type character with cartoony look. Nice, bright and colourful.
Samus Prime - as above - this is a darker black/grey version
Samus Gravity - as above - purple and red version (colours don't mix on this)

YOU DON'T KNOW SAMUS?!?! Shame on you!! :eek2:

info here

mpshot_n1.jpg

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I don't get it

A review without any screenshot / release?

How can we rate it if we don't seen it?

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Sorted guys.

Thanks for the info, Turret what can I say I've never seen him :eek: but it is a cool model alright!

@ CyberSirius I've no idea who Peter Griffin is either :lol: but to me he's certainly the best in the pack :D

@ Kantham I've added a pic too :)

Last edited:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
klasnic said:
Thanks for the info, Turret what can I say I've never seen him :eek: but it is a cool model alright!

It's a she ;) don't worry, you're just one of billions who have had her gender confused :lol:

CyberSirius

Mostly dead.
Jan 4, 2004
klasnic said:
@ CyberSirius I've no idea who Peter Griffin is either :lol: but to me he's certainly the best in the pack :D

Peter Griffin is the guy in Family Guy

The A.N.N.A costume is from a episode that Peter scrapped the King and Me act. (dktrwft)

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
So no custom-animations & voicpacks ?
It's a shame really ... especially for creatures like Samus

Did the author make sure he got permission for the copyrighted characters ?

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
klasnic said:
Download: Link in the release queue until on site

It's not in the release queue any more, but it is on the site.

I'm loving those Samus models! \o/

And JaFO, here's something from the readme :( :

* Copyright / Permissions *

UT2K4(R) is a registered trademarks of Digital Extremes and/or Epic Megagames.

...yeah.

And, there are custom animations for all the models (not skins of course) :) but sadly, It's just a slightly tweaked version of the Bots, and all the swimming animations use the forward swim animations.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Actually as I said in the review, Turret none of the models have custom animations, Default Animation - Robot (BotA) on all models ;)

@ JaFO there's no mention in the readme about permission re. copyright. I'd assume the models are built from scratch and not ported but the author didn't mention anything. The only one I do know, the Halo character does look different than the original to me :)

[EDIT] Linked to the pack on site now too

Last edited:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
klasnic said:
Actually as I said in the review, Turret none of the models have custom animations, Default Animation - Robot (BotA) on all models ;)

Then why is there a .ukx file? :(

Last edited:

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
These models are okay, but for these polls I'm not voting yea on anything without teamskins.

Samus looks good, if kind of chibi with that vertical head.

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
A bug with Samus:

sambug1.PNG

I'm sorry Samus, but the whole "my arm is out of it's socket" look isn't good on you.