UT3 CTF-Elysium [BETA 1]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

robo422

Oct 29, 2003
Visit site
Name: CTF-Elysium
Version: Beta 1
Comments: I started this map nearly two years ago. Then college apps happened. Then college happened. I didn't get around to working on it again until a few months ago. Any kind of (constructive) feedback is welcome!
Screenshots:

Known issues:
  • Collision is wonky in some places.
  • Bots suck.
  • Pickup/weapon placement probably sucks.
  • Visual detailing is still being worked on.
Credits: Me
Download: http://www.filefront.com/14909483/CTF-Elysium_b1.zip

hwkwndl5

Sep 10, 2005
i thought i recognized your work from ctf-lygosynthesis. i love that one, but people don't play it often :(.
don't know much about optimization, but even without details yet, it plays really rough

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
From what I can see, you should work some details into your surfaces. They are flat and look visually boring right now. :)
I like the visual effects of transparency you have made though.

I'll download this on the desktop and play it. :)

robo422

Oct 29, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, I have no idea how optimizing works in UE3, since zone portals and antiportals are both gone. This is something I will be looking into!

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
I personally like the slick looking meshes. It looks super clean and non-distracting.

hwkwndl5

Sep 10, 2005
are there blocking volumes in unreal 3 editor? i looked at both alysium and DM-sanctuary for reference and didn't see them, but i swear i saw blocking volumes in the UDK rendering :confused:
they had blocking volumes on all the stairs and walls, everything an actor might encounter to prevent collisions that eat up processing power.

Last edited:

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
are there blocking volumes in unreal 3 editor? i looked at both alysium and DM-sanctuary for reference and didn't see them, but i swear i saw blocking volumes in the UDK rendering :confused:
they had blocking volumes on all the stairs and walls, everything an actor might encounter to prevent collisions that eat up processing power.

OFC there are blocking volumes. It's the pink brushes.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
His walls are untextured, but I expect this one to be visually pleasing. The layout looks large enough for maneuvering, so it should have some decent down-range fights.

I hope you use a pale marble texture/material, that would look wicked.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
What ever did happen to ctf-lygosynthesis? Can't ever find it. Looked so amazing.

This map, looks brilliant, i'll get a go around on it asap.