Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Apparently not.

Another large campaign:

Close quarters

Cold Case Features
Dynamically Evolving Zombies
The infection is unstable and reactive. The zombies progressively become faster, tougher, and more aware of their surroundings through the campaign. Boss zombies also become more frequent.

Upgrades.
Expect to spend your time hunting for the upgrade tables. By doing so you can upgrade different things about yourself: accuracy, speed, and revival amounts you will need them to survive.

Storyline
Expect a rich and detailed storyline featuring numerous recordings by voice actors.

MASSIVE CONTENT!

• 36 maps in total!
  • 6 full map campaign featuring hours of gameplay.
  • 10 survival maps with dynamically changing atmospheres. Hold some points while wave's of infected tear it down, while others force you to run for your life to get to better positions.
  • 2 separate 5 map versus campaigns. Cold Case: Covert Operations, and Cold Case: The Forsaken Each feature their own cooperative and versus maps!

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Isn't the new Valve campaign supposedly coming out tomorrow?

Supposedly. 360 got a title update which bumped the achievement number to 60 (from 50, which is weird since PC currently has 58 achievements) and made some minor fixes/tweaks. PC version hasn't gotten an update yet which makes sense considering they aren't charging anything for it on Steam.

Looking at the changelog for the game it appears that Valve likes to shove new stuff out around this time of month so I'd say chances are pretty good for a release this week.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The Left 4 Dead blog is so pointless. They don't even mention the DLC on there... what time will it be out??

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I just finished a quick run on single player. It's pretty fun but not without problems in my opinion.

One issue is they really throw weapons at you. You can come across a weapons cache in one building and literally across the street find another in a different building. The same with pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails.

Second issue is the length. I know it's just filler content but considering the time it took to release a new campaign you'd think it could be a bit longer.

I finished it in roughly 30 minutes on normal single player just taking my time and exploring. In the original campaigns when I first played them it took me an hour or so to finish also taking my time and exploring. After I memorized the levels I knocked that down to 30 minutes for the original campaigns. So considering that Crash Course could easily be beaten in 10-15 minutes just by rushing through. Kinda a bummer.

Right now I'm looking forward to Close Quarters NeoNite linked to above. Leave it to the community to come out with some good content.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I finished it in roughly 30 minutes on normal single player just taking my time and exploring. In the original campaigns when I first played them it took me an hour or so to finish also taking my time and exploring. After I memorized the levels I knocked that down to 30 minutes for the original campaigns. So considering that Crash Course could easily be beaten in 10-15 minutes just by rushing through. Kinda a bummer.

On normal difficulty, me and a couple of BuF peeps can take on the campaigns in less than 20 minutes on a good day, so get to practicing ilky :) So to hear that Crash Course is 30 minutes on a normal level.... yeah it's not pretty. But it will still be fun.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
They said they wanted a shorter campaign for versus.

Bummer that it's so short for the campaign though.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
One issue is they really throw weapons at you. You can come across a weapons cache in one building and literally across the street find another in a different building. The same with pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails.

I'm guessing this will be patched up later on? That said, I found single-player on Normal was pretty generous with explosives in the original campaigns. The problem is probably exacerbated given the shortness of Crash Course.

I'm glad this is a shorter campaign, I'm sure that will make it a lot more pub friendly. I just don't see most people (read: kids these days) having the patience or attention span to sit through 30-60 minutes of a campaign.