Who here likes 2.86????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
I liked the community, so many old timers that knew each other down to the bone. Then TAS and later DTAS came around, heh it was lots of fun.

That said I don't think it has anything 2.9 doesn't have. So I don't see why I should install it again. IMO you'd do a better job if you could somehow summon the community that we had back then. Yeah, that would definately do it.

-=]N[=-ZeuS

Sep 19, 2004
Good luck, most of the old timers have sworn off 2.9, 2.86 was faster and more arcade-ish, whish attracted all the lost vanilla players before

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
If a 2.9 server can some how attract the 2.86+RA community and bring back the fun we had then I just may reinstall.

ATM though 2.9 is boring as hell.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Yurch complete rav3, so we get a old timer muti ... maybe we get some fun back to the game.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
I was running multiple copies of UT with different config of INF and a few other mods. At one point I had 7 or 8.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
I do not care for the engine as long as I can play Inf with nice ppl. And I consider the old rav2 DTAS players VERY nice ppl.

Assesina_Maja

Just cute little ol' me :)
Jul 20, 2005
I have a question on this 2.86. I would really like to try it but would I still be able to play 2.9 if I wanted to?

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Do you like fast-paced TDM games where people sprint around and type 'lol I'm so drunk omg' every three minutes?

How about the idea of having your loadouts being restricted by money?

Does getting hipped with the one-shot-one-kill weapon sound like a good time to you?

Do you enjoy Shotgun Snipers?

Oh, and I almost forgot the part about playing the same six maps, over and over...

In sum: Not worth the price of admission.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Assesina_Maja said:
I have a question on this 2.86. I would really like to try it but would I still be able to play 2.9 if I wanted to?
You'll need to set it up in a separate directory, or separate install of UT.

Edit: Jesus, it'd be nice if I could spell "separate" properly

Last edited:

=STS=OneArmedMan

Jul 25, 2005
actually logged on AIM and LP just told me 2.86 was back up and running :eek: , gonna try and get an old UT disk and get it working, anyone having trouble with UT engine games and xp sp2?

anyways...some 8 on 8 mwh robar hip matches sound good...hope to be back on soon lol

keep the server up gnat, goodtimes...gonna try to get MUF Thaddaeus to reinstall aswell :p