Unreal Evolution for UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
God knows how much I want to help, but simply put, I have no experience in modelling high-poly models, making maps in UEd4, or coding in general, of which I only have small experience in UE1 Uscript.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Okay, I think what the pack needs is modified, or "remixed" versions of the original music. You know, music that will help fit the high-tech graphics, while still keeping the feeling of Unreal. It should be easy, having played the game practically my whole life.

So far, I've "remixed" the main part of DigSh... let me say that I think I can handle it. Add me to the list for Music.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
This thread is getting a little unwieldy for assistance requests. From now on if you're interested in helping please email me at sir_brizz@beyondunreal.com.

I want to post a screenshot but I'm hesitant to do it yet. The main part of NyLeve that I'd like to show an "early" shot of would be the waterfall area but we haven't really finalized our ideas there yet.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
I want to post a screenshot but I'm hesitant to do it yet. The main part of NyLeve that I'd like to show an "early" shot of would be the waterfall area but we haven't really finalized our ideas there yet.

Ooh, hopefully it's a lot more like Nyleve than the one that was made for UT2K4. Not only that, but the Vortex Rikers in that version was even more unrealistically small.Besides that, I await to see what you've done :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Actually, Mons might want to post the screens he took of Rikers. We actually compared them and they are almost the same size if there is just the one cell block.

jackrabbit

May 9, 2008
this project definitly has caught my attention (finnaly). Well, I think I can speak for the majority of the people here when I say that maybe its time for a public screenshot (regardless of how barren it might look) so you can get some public feedback ASAP

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I disagree here, besides I didn't see forum post, I tried it, got scared and ran away, besides it was not direct copy, he changed things here and there and it would be beter if it was direct copy at all....because he ruined atmosphere and its still buggy mod, these sounds wtf, like if you hit altfire of dp, it will make charge siound even if hit only shortly to full time, etc and many annoying things.
I do question dots, I don't simply like his stuff, I know the guy a lot for years and you can bet he doesn't like me either. Don't forget I was in Unreal long before you did so and he is not really that of god as man think and yes he does care only for popularity, that can speak for people who truly know his behavior.
I don't care if anyone use his mods, I don't, period...I did use some of them but I never truly liked any of his mod (maybe few exceptions but even that was not so great), always there stinked something on it, either bugs or some malicious code, big thanks for him for starting the trend of abusive mods. He never did something great, he only wants to show his "skills". There is no artistic value in his mods whatsoever either, all he could draw or make himself is really crappy skin which looks like some retarded kid has done. Don't get me started on that...if he does have some point or good core, he ruins it with his own ideas, I have learned that when he "raped" my idea back in 2004/05 of one mod, when he proposed he will "finish" it for me...he usually tells others in servers about this case too, only from different point of view and that it was my fault. So I don't feel bad talking about him bad way, because he does the same and I have seen logs where he does so.

It was a direct copy, absolutely. The only place it wasn't a direct copy is exactly the first map, VRikers. IMO it's the best one as it at least uses static meshes... And the only one Dots tried to actually recreate, not copy. As I see, he gave up after VRikers, and I can't blame him, that's a really hard task. Also, I can't talk about the weapons sounds, because, like I've mentioned, I use a weapon replacement mutator and use UT2004 stock ones :)
Even if you don't like the person, it doesn't mean you have to dislike the mods. BC also isn't a great forum poster, but hey, his mods are pretty neat.
You can't say Dots mods are all bad too. For example, in UT2004 he also made a scoreboard for completing levels in lowest times and recording the records. It's really widely used now, and the most popular Trials server use it. Also, look at his Vehicles mod in Unreal - it's also great, even up to the point that it will be natively-supported by the 227 patch.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
I think I can help voiceing the translator files I know it would be cool for some to be voiced if thats what you want.

Heres an idea, why not let the community help out with this?

Publish the text along with extra info like if its day or night and let people record it on their webcams, mobilephones or whatever. Im sure theres some Unreal fans with acting dreams ;)
Then run them through a filter and import them into UE3.

It would be great to have visuals and sound this time around.

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
Heres an idea, why not let the community help out with this?

Publish the text along with extra info like if its day or night and let people record it on their webcams, mobilephones or whatever. Im sure theres some Unreal fans with acting dreams ;)
Then run them through a filter and import them into UE3.

It would be great to have visuals and sound this time around.

Saves me haveing to get a load of people for diffdrent voices if the guy OKs it but that would be amazeing. Still the guys got to OK it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
It was a direct copy, absolutely. The only place it wasn't a direct copy is exactly the first map, VRikers. IMO it's the best one as it at least uses static meshes... And the only one Dots tried to actually recreate, not copy. As I see, he gave up after VRikers, and I can't blame him, that's a really hard task. Also, I can't talk about the weapons sounds, because, like I've mentioned, I use a weapon replacement mutator and use UT2004 stock ones :)
Even if you don't like the person, it doesn't mean you have to dislike the mods. BC also isn't a great forum poster, but hey, his mods are pretty neat.
You can't say Dots mods are all bad too. For example, in UT2004 he also made a scoreboard for completing levels in lowest times and recording the records. It's really widely used now, and the most popular Trials server use it. Also, look at his Vehicles mod in Unreal - it's also great, even up to the point that it will be natively-supported by the 227 patch.

THAT VORTEX RIKERS map was NOT made by dots, look at author of the map, he has taken it from somewhere else, of one abandoned project and has used many other files without even asking the authors, I remember there being a fuzz about it at UnrealSP.
And it was not real copy, he merged the map with beta versions of maps, he changed too many things, he made skaarjs too fast and powerful, etc etc.....and the bugs and that lock mode, it is even bad that it included that and also that it crashed your game on purpose if you tried opening the map....

And his vehicles mod, I don't like it that much as well, because its nothing like original vehicles.

Last edited:

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
THAT VORTEX RIKERS map was NOT made by dots, look at author of the map, he has taken it from somewhere else, of one abandoned project and has used many other files without even asking the authors, I remember there being a fuzz about it at UnrealSP.
And it was not real copy, he merged the map with beta versions of maps, he changed too many things, he made skaarjs too fast and powerful, etc etc.....and the bugs and that lock mode, it is even bad that it included that and also that it crashed your game on purpose if you tried opening the map....

And his vehicles mod, I don't like it that much as well, because its nothing like original vehicles.

I'm no moderator, but how about you just leave it alone? And how are you so sure he didn't ask permission? Did you make the map? Didn't think so. Drop this discussion.