Share Your Old Hardware

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Prophetus said:
Heh, no not yet. Just popping in to see how you all are doing. Will be back in August, so get your trigger fingers ready...:)

Proph, my main man, good to hear from you. :tup:

Was a shame about price of shipping would of been good to have hold of with me doing loads of ICT school work over the next couple of years.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Hunter said:
same here but my idea involves a net cafe side to it :)

Well I had that idea too....but it involved a warehouse, a couple T3s and a rent per hour type system so you could play games on the network.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Sir_Brizz said:
Well I had that idea too....but it involved a warehouse, a couple T3s and a rent per hour type system so you could play games on the network.

almost ;) mine was more 1 T3 connection same rent per hour thing but it was browsing and gaming etc. (great for ELANs)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Exactly! :)

The only thing I have to work out is the "legality" issues ;)

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Prophetus said:
Requesting someone to pay for shipping is justified, in my view. Shipping cost can become a monster, especially if you have several items being shipped to numerous individuals.
Yeah, If someone was giving me a videocard for free that was worth $100, I would feel obligated to pay shipping, I mean... they're already being generous by giving you the hardware.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Hunter said:
all you need is a huge bank loan ;)

Well actually I emant other people installing illegal things on my computers while they were renting them. I'm thinking having a main ghost backup and have them all do a restore every night.

[UM]theswarm

Spork of the Apocalypse!
Sep 30, 2001
Everywhere
www.sporkoftheapocalypse.tk
Does anyone have some PC2100/1600 184-pin DIMM DDR? I'm upgrading my mobo and CPU, but can't afoord 256 or 512 MB of DDR on top of that. Send me a PM if you have any, I rarely check the hardware board. I have a 32MB GeForce2 MX/MX 400 that I'd be willing to give away if I can't sell it.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I posted the following at the amdmb forum in the Memory section about 3 weeks ago:

"Anyone living in the Tampa Bay area in Florida or willing to pick it up at my office (near Fowler Ave. and I-75), I have 256MB of Crucial PC2100 ECC/registered DDR RAM. It's one stick of CL2.5 and was only used for about 6 months. It has an "M" symbol on it that could be Micron, but I bought it from newegg and we all know Micron and Crucial are one now anyway (sort of I think). Even though it worked in my system and they say not to use ECC RAM in my motherboard, I eventually switched to a 512 stick and had no use for the 256 stick.

Since it's been out of my system for almost a year, I'm just giving it away. I don't want to take the time or go out of my way to mail it though, so it's a pickup only.

Here's all the numbers on the RAM sticker:

MT18VDDT3272DG-265A1 PC2100R-25330-A1
US BZAB92P005 200136
256MB, DDR, 266MHz, CL2.5, ECC"

I'm not sure how many BuFers live or can get to the Tampa Bay area, but if you know anyone else then tell them about this thread. Also, my e-mail is skaarjmaster@planetunreal.com I usually give my old hardware to my Mom, but she can't use this one.

The Guardian

Sep 29, 2003
Hello This is kina a test post. I am new. I am beta testing a certin atari game i dont know if i am allowed to say. I think what your doing here is great. btw anyone have any suggestions on making a SIG how to ect? thanks The Guardian aka racer

The Guardian

Sep 29, 2003
Prophetus

Prophetus said:
If anybody is interested, I have a 13.5 gig Quantum Fireball CX to give away. Nothing wrong with it, just got some new drives.

Hello, I could use the Fireball greatly, I have 5 kids so it tuff convincing the wife i need parts here and there. I live in idaho, if you still have it i would be willing to email you my home address if there is shipping costs i would be more then happy to pay you. thanks again The Guardian aka racer

Dead_Hood

The Seventh Sign
Apr 24, 2001
123 Fake Street
I've got a couple new items.

First, an old GeForce 3 64Mb DDR from MSI. This is a first run GeForce 3 before all that Ti 200/500 business.

Secondly, I have some Creative Inspire 5300 speakers. They are 5.1 and I will include 2 floor stands for the rear satellites.

As always, PM for details.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I really need to check this more often.

[UM]theswarm, if you still need that RAM I can send it to you for the price of shipping. I won't know what it is until I go down to the UPS store and check it out though. I'm sure it can't be much for one small stick of RAM. E-mail me at skaarjmaster@planetunreal.com and we'll figure it out.

Also, I may have some parts early to mid 2004 after I upgrade my Mom's computer and here's what they might be at that time:

1. P3-500 CPU/Coolermaster HS-fan/256MB PC100 SDRAM (2-128 sticks, no idea what brand but I may be able to give you all the codes on the sticks once removed); this will not be taken apart unless requested.

2. ATI Rage Fury 32MB video card

3. Allied 300W power supply

4. Memorex 2X CD burner

If I didn't give specs, then I don't know them right now. See ya in a few months.

Last edited: