WikiLeaks releases a classified video of US killing civilians and Reuters reporters

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
A tactical nuke would have made quick work of this problem. I think they should have used the care package exploit to get one.

I'll take that over some typical thread drama any time. :lol:
I soooo miss this exploit.. :(

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I watch the video.
I read the responses.
I hope humanity gets wiped out by aliens because it deserves it.

*edit*
2897.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2748/4495993800_4d3052835c_o.jpg

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
TV new people have no clue. One of the stations that just brought the news called WikiLeaks a "human rights organization". :con:

Exactly what irks me so much. Wikileaks is a a political activist group that achieves their goals by leaking sensitive information to the public. However, they've fooled people into believing that they are are just a nonprofit service to allow wistleblowers to safely leak information. They want us to believe that they are an organization like wikipedia, but they seem much more like a moveon.org to me.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
http://i43.tinypic.com/5qpeg.jpg
Well, if that ain't a US Army vehicle in the shot.
If they had any suspicion that the camera was an RPG, and then saw the guy aim STRAIGHT AT the vehicle... That's really enough to make them shoot on the journalists... Honestly, under pressure, and with the duty of protecting the ground troops, I doubt you'd act differently and say "hey, they're journalists obviously..."

It was a tragic mistake, but under the circumstances it is unreasonable to call it murder. It is an accident, simple as that. :(

DarkCrow

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Jun 13, 2004
Brasil
Well, if that ain't a US Army vehicle in the shot.
If they had any suspicion that the camera was an RPG, and then saw the guy aim STRAIGHT AT the vehicle... That's really enough to make them shoot on the journalists... Honestly, under pressure, and with the duty of protecting the ground troops, I doubt you'd act differently and say "hey, they're journalists obviously..."

It was a tragic mistake, but under the circumstances it is unreasonable to call it murder. It is an accident, simple as that. :(

I'm not sure that this was the pic he took when he was looking around the corner, I took the info from MilitaryPhotos.net. It's just a guess.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Okay, I'm just saying if it's the picture he took. If the soldiers thought he was aiming an RPG at the vehicle, I'm betting that's reason to engage.
Of course he wasn't actually aiming an RPG. Perhaps they should upgrade the cameras with higher resolution ones?

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Nothing beats a good controversial video to raise funds ... especially if you add the right kind of comments.

'classified video' ... like do'h! It's not like the army releases kill-shots like this to to show how they pwned the l00sers. We already know they only show us the good stuff (like that car crossing the bridge seconds before it gets blasted to bits). Did anyone really expect them to come out and show a potentially controversial video like this ?
You don't need a conspiracy for this stuff ... simple common sense ought to do. And it should have told you that you don't show demoralizing truth to an audience that isn't exactly confident and happy about the war you're fighting.

Andd without this video the site would have been dead.
Now every little wannabe anti-conspiratorial lunatic with a tin-foil hat knows about it.
Easy pickings, easy money.

Did we really need proof that war is hell and that both sides decided to legalise murder when politics&reason failed ?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Was someone acting like news stations in America don't make up stupid crap?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Seemed like you were being snarky about it despite the fact that nobody was saying that. What you quoted was a commentary on news people being dumb, not naivety about it, so I was confuzzled. :y5:

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
Two things about the video, I can understand why they THOUGHT they were guns. That obviously isn't the issue in the video. It's the fact that they are obviously covering it up, and there were blatantly no weapons on the ground when they arrive, so they have to lie about it. ****ing disgusting.

haha..

no.

They did not look like cameras,