Who's seen this anime?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Is it just me or do the Japanese have this really weird thing with firearms?

In just about every anime/Japanese RPG I've seen, I find at least one of the following.:

guns belong to the bad guy.
guns suck.
there is something that resembles a firearm, but its primary purpose has nothing to do with chemical propellant launching a bullet.
gunblade. 'nuff said. :con:

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
FiringAimlessly:

We probably do. Civilians don't have access to guns since the beginning of time in Japan, so we fantasize about guns or something. :D We probably see guns completely differently from what you would.
We only have those coolest realistic-looking airsoft guns to play with. But with those, we can actually shoot each other without anybody dying. ;)

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
Originally posted by Mr. Apocalypse
well true, but you have to admite there look pretty damn close.

Sorta, but not really. In the BG of my sig, you can see many more entities if you look hard enough. Even some violence and boobs. Things aren't always what they seem. :)

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
I was able to see the boobs immediately, but I can't discern the violence. :hmm:

I'll need some time with this one...

what the hell is that?? :con:
looks like a some one crossed a cheesse girls comic show with FF!!
that is just so wrong.
sweatdrop.gif

I like cute anime like in Slayers, Saber Marionetts J, and what not. but the cheesse girl comic shows just ceep me out. I mean every one is like 10000 fold brighter, EVERY one in the damn show is a girl, and the guys look like girls with short hair. :p

Originally posted by Beagle_One
BTW, have you noticed that the anime Evangelion doesn't make much sense when you watch it? Well, I have. So I decided to give the comic book version a go, and what do you know, everything seems to become a lot clearer!!
If you haven't, you should read the comic books instead of getting confused watching the anime. Besides, the comic book version of Evangelion has a lot more "lighter touch" to the story. A bit more of character development and their private lives can be seen there. :)

hell yeah :)
I snagged like 2 of the comics before I saw the show, and your right, it makes more sense. However it was a pertty good show. hell I even liked the ending

also, yeah the newer animations are looking poor. luckly I'm in it for the art, and culture and not the shows themselves
sweatdroplaugh.gif

and more or less the architecture.
nothing is cooler than japanese architecture!

anyways.
anyone know a cure for a lil sis obsessed with TRIGUN?

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
Originally posted by Mr. Apocalypse
LMAO bali your new sig is a seen in an anime..Evangelion,End of Eva..see

Edit: its not directly from it. its off the TOOL boxed DVD/live cd. it maybe inspired though.. it wouldn't supprise me if maynard is an eva fan.

Evangelion is one of the best shows ever. Religious simbolism + giant robots (what anime doesn't have them these days) + cool characters (maybe a little ****ed up) + really good story line + more ****ed up stuff (anno you crazy, insanely crazy ****ed up man) = best show ever!

aside from that i really recommend:
Escaflowne (subbed only! If you like LotR type stuff, this show is for you! But it does have giant robots, but its a more midevil type of thing).
Lain (just plain messed up, but good)
Kenshin
Nadia
and um.. yeah.. dont remember what i was going to say.

balli, you would really like evangelion. The Evangelion movies are like listening/experiencing The Downward Spiral/Further tDS with Undertow and a little aenima on acid coming off of xtc.

EDIT: Yeah I really like Trigun, my friend's little brother is obsessed. But I've only seen 4 volumes or so. And Cowboy Bebop is also really really good.

Last edited: