Where the hell is everyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
isme said:
:sniper: when ever I log on the is never anyone on, no one. WHY? :sniper:

Because the original, u2xmp :p, is still superior in almost any imaginable way. Most of us are sitting and waiting quietly for a more stable and close to the original version of utxmp.

isme

Dec 29, 2004
iddQd said:
Because the original, u2xmp :p, is still superior in almost any imaginable way. Most of us are sitting and waiting quietly for a more stable and close to the original version of utxmp.

it has a few bugs yes but there not that bad. I still prefer playing it to u2xmp. good thing you guys aren't beta testers for real lol.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
isme said:
it has a few bugs yes but there not that bad. I still prefer playing it to u2xmp. good thing you guys aren't beta testers for real lol.

Well we've already submitted tons of buggs, tons of tons of tons of buggs and a huge list of gameplay improvements that are needed. FMI got all feedback they need right in their hands right now, we just have to wait. That you would know if you would have browsed through some of the so many threads in the Bug Report forum :p

gyn-chi

May 11, 2004
wait and kill it for noobs thx

yeah wait all till the game is dead.
all new players dont see anyone playing would be a miracle if they stay then
so there will be less players everyday
so very smart decicions made by them waiters pff

[tH]gyn-chi

isme

Dec 29, 2004
iddQd said:
Well we've already submitted tons of buggs, tons of tons of tons of buggs and a huge list of gameplay improvements that are needed. FMI got all feedback they need right in their hands right now, we just have to wait. That you would know if you would have browsed through some of the so many threads in the Bug Report forum :p

I know about the bugs. I don't have all of them DO you? different people have different ones and some bugs we all have, the ones I have aren't THAT bad, that I cant play and have more fun then in u2xmp, But that sucks, that you have every bug reported. :lol:

PS apparently you have no idea what i read.

Last edited:

isme

Dec 29, 2004
gyn-chi said:
yeah wait all till the game is dead.
all new players dont see anyone playing would be a miracle if they stay then
so there will be less players everyday
so very smart decicions made by them waiters pff

[tH]gyn-chi

Thats what I was thinking

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
gyn-chi said:
yeah wait all till the game is dead. all new players dont see anyone playing would be a miracle if they stay then so there will be less players everyday so very smart decicions made by them waiters pff

Why should people play a game that they don't see fit for actual gaming and is no fun for them? After all it's still a Beta and many of us gave FMI a lot of bugreports and facts to think about.

People complained about the 'crying vets' for their 'stupid wishes' to make utxmp more like u2xmp again. Shouldn't the servers be crowded by now with all the supporters of utxmp (without the small number of crybabies) in it's current state then? Strange, isn't it.

isme

Dec 29, 2004
cyb said:
Why should people play a game that they don't see fit for actual gaming and is no fun for them? After all it's still a Beta and many of us gave FMI a lot of bugreports and facts to think about.

People complained about the 'crying vets' for their 'stupid wishes' to make utxmp more like u2xmp again. Shouldn't the servers be crowded by now with all the supporters of utxmp (without the small number of crybabies) in it's current state then? Strange, isn't it.

Wtf are you talking about, and If people don't have fun at it, it's because they chose not to, just that simple.

PS maybe they aren't as good at this one, so rather then get there asses handed to them, they ran back to the original one. hoping it will change, I like utxmp better then u2xmp.

Last edited:

Skipr

Apr 1, 2004
We all went back to U2 because it is perfect. We gave bugs to FMI, so we are just waiting for them to fix it. Most of the bugs affect the game heavily and are not fun. So we will wait by playing U2 instead.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Sigh at isme...

If you like utxmp more than u2xmp, well GOOD FOR YOU. Obviously thats not how everybody thinks...

Last edited:

oC|GuPpY

oC Ranger
Apr 30, 2004
isme said:
Wtf are you talking about, and If people don't have fun at it, it's because they chose not to, just that simple.

I'd rather play a game I don't have to convince myself that I'm having fun playing. When/if utxmp gets the bugs and gameplayissues resolved the players will come.

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
Gyn-chi do you expect people to stay in servers playing or idling or whatever just for the sake of making other people think its popular? Its a nice idea to lure new gamers in, but you can't expect many if any people to sit there doing something they don't enjoy.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
iddQd said:

yes, well said, but i am wondering which version of u2xmp they are going to with balance... do you think it is the original release, or the 7710 release... i think it is the earlier one on balance :lol:... and i haft to say, like in my other post, play utxmp and write as many posts on bugs as posible.

Skaxis

Oct 25, 2003
Everett, WA
Visit site
For better or worse...

Since UTXMP was released... I have not joined a single game of U2XMP and I LOVE XMP. I am gonna stick to my guns on this. U2XMP is Absolutely Horrid in comparison for engine smoothness on my lower end (1.6 Ghz AMD) comp. I will be the seed population for the next generation of Noobs in UTXMP lol.

RE: U2XMP
I MISS the peeps. I MISS the custom maps NRK made. I MISS Conc Jumping and the ability to toggle 3rd person on any server but....

Nothing else.

Especially not:
HaXorz
TimeWarpin' Lag
Chitty game-engine synchronicity between server & all players

Those few things ruined U2XMP completely. UTXMP pwns U2XMP even in its current stage of development :-D & I will not go back unless UTXMP is killed... into Non-Existence. THAT is how inferior U2XMP has always been to what UTXMP is already... itty-bitty-bugs and all.

OOOOooooo the passion in this forums lol... XMP ROCKS!!!

What we got here is Diversification of the community even if it is polarized between the 2 versions, it's a good thing. At least there is still a community.... but for U2XMP... I'm out until the hand of GOD himself removes UTXMP from my grasp.... Hey... GOTTA have XMP .... even if it is... <gasp> U2XMP :(

Last edited:

Skipr

Apr 1, 2004
at least you got bots to play with cause no humans will be on there :lol:

Skaxis said:
Since UTXMP was released... I have not joined a single game of U2XMP and I LOVE XMP. I am gonna stick to my guns on this. U2XMP is Absolutely Horrid in comparison for engine smoothness on my lower end (1.6 Ghz AMD) comp. I will be the seed population for the next generation of Noobs in UTXMP lol.

RE: U2XMP
I MISS the peeps. I MISS the custom maps NRK made. I MISS Conc Jumping and the ability to toggle 3rd person on any server but....

Nothing else.

Especially not:
HaXorz
TimeWarpin' Lag
Chitty game-engine synchronicity between server & all players

Those few things ruined U2XMP completely. UTXMP pwns U2XMP even in its current stage of development :-D & I will not go back unless UTXMP is killed... into Non-Existence. THAT is how inferior U2XMP has always been to what UTXMP is already... itty-bitty-bugs and all.

OOOOooooo the passion in this forums lol... XMP ROCKS!!!

What we got here is Diversification of the community even if it is polarized between the 2 versions, it's a good thing. At least there is still a community.... but for U2XMP... I'm out until the hand of GOD himself removes UTXMP from my grasp.... Hey... GOTTA have XMP .... even if it is... <gasp> U2XMP :(

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
polarized? aargh..

1. there are the old beta testers and people who WERE going to come back, seems like they're out completely now..

2. the clan players (majority of them) from u2xmp who will either wait for it, or just don't care anymore

3. people who will play either just for good games

4. and then diehard utxmp fans who idle in servers waiting to play a few minutes of utxmp until the only other person online has to go to work.