Feedback on patch 1a

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Great job guys, it is now clear to me for me that you have what it takes to make this modification complete and close to perfect. I just want to point out some buggs etc. You probably already know some of them but I'll write down what I think is important to fix anyway. Will add more when I find anything

The buggs
The fun stuff:

• The juggers cannon aim still gets messed up when its on nonflat ground
  • The leftovers of a vehicle when it doesnt explode into nothingness creates a car explotion sound everytime it bounces instead of when it actually explodes
  • Nice now your vision actually gets coverd with flame! Bad thing is that it only clouds your vision if you look straight down so it isnt really a penalty right now.
  • If alot of plasmawaste is on the ground, sometimes all of the plasma explodes when a player touches it.
  • Weapon reload sounds are not always correctly when compared to the animation. Fire one round and reload, see and hear that the sound and animation is correct, then try fire all roudns and let the gun automatically reload, now see that it is not correct
  • The reload sounds are volumewise alot louder tan the actuall fire sound
  • If you zoom with the sniper you can clearly see that the mittle of the aimcurse is not 100% correctly alined, its not a cross, a line of pixels are a little dissaligned.
  • The raptor still doesnt respond like it should. It seemes too light cause when you break and want to slide to your left the two back wheels lifts slightly from the ground hindering it from making the slide, it needs more weight or something, try to look at onlsaughts vehicle it can also slide but does not have the same problem.
  • I dont know why but when I hacked a gen and pressed the use button a couple of times, the glowing effect on the generator got stuck

Balancing/tweaking/my suggestions
imo this mod needs:

• Right now the pistol fires fast as hell, probably too fast. I would try something like 3.5-4 rounds a second
  • I see that youve added a raptor-straight-in-the-air fix hindering it from falling uppside down, which is great, its just that I think it should freeze its position slowly instead of hitting the same angle every time, straight horisontial positions, it can sometimes become a pain to boost up a hill cause the raptors seems to want to drive through it :p
  • The classes jump height etc is still not correct (at least not for the tech) he still has problems getting up from for example cave on sunset beach. Yhis should be easy to fix... all the 3 characters should be able to get up from cave (precisely) with a normal double jump without mantling (u2xmp style)
  • The dodging issue needs a fix imo, you can read the whole... drama right here
  • The turrets are still almost impossible to localise when theyre fireing and if youre not like really close you wont hear them either
  • In the gold edition i personnaly think its a must that youve brought back the old hud, maybe even the old font to make it feel as standalone ish and unique from ut2004 as possible. also more xmpish
  • Some manned turrets have really... really slow going projectiles, am I supose to hit anything that can mvoe or what
  • Right now, when you blow up a vehicle with for example an emp grenade even the wreck gets blown up, almost the only way to see some kind of still intact vehicle leftovers you have to destroy it with a weak gun like the assault gun. IMO the vehicle should ALWAYS turn into a wreck, not nothingness, no matter what weapon you use. Then AFTER that, you can blow up the leftovers.

Yes yes, go on, tell me im a noob Brizz...

Last edited:

Creig

Back from the dead
Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
Like stated above FMI has went beyond the call of duty and created UT:XMP. They are more then capable of doing this mod. They deserve more praise and less bitching. Thank You once again FMI for doing a supreb job on the first patch.

More Bugs:

1) Sometimes when your character gets killed while in a vechile you get sent back to deploy and get stuck perminately in spectator mode. Suicide command does not work because you have not respawned yet.

2) Sometimes when your character gets killed near a vechile and you press the use key you will be able to drive around till someone kills the vechile. When they do kill the vechile you get stuck in spectator mode upon redeploying. (Old bug still ingame)

3) Sometimes your character respawns without a weapon and is able to hack stuff. You then are respawned out of no where back at the deploy you chose and a ghost/clone character is left at the last point where you were located.

4) Sometimes you can still gutblow yourself by dodging into the front blades even though the vechile is not in motion. You can also use the vechile exploit to be able to drive the vechile while dead. This to result in a redeployed character stuck in spectator mode. (previouly stated bug)​

My suggestions:

1) Keep doing what you are doing to reproduce the best fps ever created.

2) If possible add an option in the menu section area to allow players the choice of what hud/crosshair they want to use. This should solve the, "omg the new hud sux" statements. That way they can choose what they want.

3) Make more patches. Duh!​

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2004
Alot of the same bigger problems are still present that we've been dealing with all along. In fact, nearly all of them are still there. I don't really notice alot of changes that make a difference. The ranger gets a machine gun, I've been shot for 50hp damage by regular fire shotty while being the distance of a little more than 2 alt shotty fires away. At least the flamethrower doesn't hurt the user anymore. :rolleyes:

It is nice to see the class menu problem gone away, but it is shadowed by a much much larger problem with laser trip mines.

Regardless of the numerous problems still existing, my hat goes off to FMI. At least I can be thankful that there is a team supporting this game and that it will all be fixed one day.

chu::LOB::

Nov 22, 2004
Nice work FMI.

I got a chance to play for a few minutes, and encountered two things.

Pistol Rate of Fire is Ridonculous (maybe make it more like U2:XMP :)

I got owned by auto-turrets on murky - they were difficult to identify when they were shooting you. Would you consider a) making them more like U2XMP (muzzleflash + directional hitsounds) and/or including directional damage indicators in the hud (a la 2k4 - which light up in the direction you are taking damage from)

Regards,
chu

Dragunov

Sep 5, 2003
Visit site
bots AI is still terrible

Now they know they can steal artifacts, but when they did steal one, they stay on the enemy his platform, so they still it, but they stand still

They use vehicles, but still don't know how to ride it

They don't even hack generators or spawn positions

I think the maps have a ceiling, cause when u shoot at it, the energy balls return

crash ship or whatever the map his name is, is not about two ships, cause they don't have a bridge, nor an engine, nor even the model of a ship :p

Greetz

Dragunov

IAS|Spiff

Jan 22, 2004
Dragunov said:
bots AI is still terrible
Dragunov

Well, this game was not ment to have any bot's i think...

And i found a bug for the Tech, when fireing the alt. fire on the assault rifle it will not reload, can't remember if it worked before the patch...no big deal just use fire and it will reload...

Plump

[12M]
Jul 18, 2004
Crosshair changing only worked when doing it specific to each gun. When trying to just choose one and apply it to all it still reverted to the individual ones.

Hidden weapon option still doesn't work

:)

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
sorry for possible bugs/features that have been reported in other posts already, but here is my list so far.

ranger:
  • spawns with shocklance instead of sniperrifle
  • pistol ROF a bit to high
  • jumps not as high as gunner (jump+jetpack)
  • smoke grenade still to slow and greyish
  • sniper crosshair not alligned correctly when in zoom-mode
  • weapon change in zoom-mode will result in other weapons being able to zoom too (i.e. pistol)

tech:
  • cannot jump as high as gunner (jump+jetpack)
  • crosshair and actuall secondary assaultrifle shots do not match (shots are low-right)
  • gas radius a bit to small
  • still problems to pick up/ set up turrets (can only see hand)

gunner:
  • spawns with flamethrower instead of rocketlauncher
  • mines self-destruct when placed on the node (new 'feature'?)
  • tripmine-laser is visible to much
  • flamethrower-fluid does not always vanish
  • flashbang grenade flashes twice (normal flash + flash at end of effect)
  • flashbang not strong enough to flip over a juggernaut

all classes:
  • weapons do not reload automatically after using an supplystation and switching to an empty weapon (feature?)
  • unable to duck while in the air (rampant windows)

raptor:
  • not 'heavy' enough, i.e. secondary assaultrifle can toss it around
  • turning circle quite large
  • 'visible' shots of the turret should spread, right now they go in a straight line, while the 'actual' shots spread

juggernaut:
  • tower faces wrong direction when switching from drivers seat to tower
  • when damaged, flames and smoke hardly visible from outside the vehicle
  • minigun turret still shots through the tank and can kill people standing behind it
  • no crosshair for minigun turret

harbinger:
  • 1st person view still messed up, drivers seat should be more left and a bit higher
  • plasma turret facing wrong direction when switching from drivers seat to plasma turret
  • plasma turret shots and crosshair to not match (shots come out to far left)
  • plasma turret range quite short
  • plasma turret shots should stick to ground and do some damage (u2xmp-style)
  • not 'heavy' enough, a secondary assaultrifle shot from behind almost turns it over

manned turrets:
  • when you destroy a turret that is not manned you still get minus-points (i.e. sunsetbeach)
  • turret colour does not change back to green when not in use (stays in colour of team using it last)
  • personally i do not like the health indicators of turrets visible from outside (u2xmp had none, which i would prefer)

deploypoints:
  • name of deploy not visible when switching through possible points
  • colour-loop of deploypoints does not match end to end
  • when deploying on a map for the 1st time, the system hangs a second

that should do for now.

ahh, one more thing: please bring back the old u2xmp-hud ;)

Last edited:

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
a few more things:

hacking:
  • please change the colour of the progressbar to yellow or something, it's hardly visible
  • pulsing generators only visible offline or on an selfmade listen-server
  • is it really necessary to show a 100th of the progress? don't thing there is need for numbers right of the comma
  • postion where you can hack deploypoints is limited, look straight forward and you will stop hacking it

artifacts:
  • what's with the 'seeing stars' while holding an artifact?
  • artifact colours are a bit to white/bright, making it more red or blue would be nice
  • personally i do not see the need for the auto-taunt when grabing an artifact

manned turrets:
  • you are unable to shot the juggernaut from the red base manned turret on sunsetbeach, looks like the energy ray is hitting an lightning-conductor to the left

hmmpf, enough for now. there are a lot of mapbugs left, but i guess it would be wise to address the bugs/'features' mentioned above first and then switch to fixing the maps or maybe we should open another thread for map-related bugs and leave this thread to game related issues.

Last edited:

AshTrai

CaSuAlTy Of SoCiEtY
Nov 25, 2004
www.clanuk2.co.uk
Creig said:
1) Sometimes when your character gets killed while in a vechile you get sent back to deploy and get stuck perminately in spectator mode. Suicide command does not work because you have not respawned yet.

That bug is infuriating. I get it all the time :(. I tend to find i get the bug as i attempt to exit a vehicle the moment it blows up. This is 1 of the bugs that needs fixing ASAP because u have to exit the server and reconnect to be able to spawn again (AKA a show-stopping bug i believe?).

...That and getting squashed trying to get out of the turret of a vehicle :rolleyes: (i know its a known problem but i thought i'd throw it in here purely cos its so fking irritating!)

Last edited:

MadMan2k

Aug 2, 2004
a really annoying one:
raybug1bt.jpg

was hard to reproduce though

still there:
bug27ux.jpg

this is espesially sad, becouse you gave up the ability to move the hacking ray, which was quite useful if you wanted to circle around the target.
Id also prefersome binary code instead of japanese signs.

other:
- the raptor physic model is still messed up; it feels like you were hovering on an airbag, which also prevents you of taking falling damage.

- the first-person flames dont cloak enough, same for smoke grenade

- while the artifact stars cloak too much and also eats up too much fillrate while standing

- assault rifle rays

- what 5-Oh will say :D

Last edited:

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
bugs
-techs can't recharge autoturrets if they are already holding a rocket turret

not bugs but -
-if you try to run someone over with a jugger the guy may possibly die but the jugger bounces off them like it's inflatable (tested on bots) imo it should flatten people without being affected at all.
-behindview while driving jugger would be great if the camera was higher so you can see where the gun's shooting
-if you're holding rocket launcher alt-fire down, you can't cancel it firing. (on u2xmp, you could by switching weapons)
-even i can shoot stuff with the sniper rifle so it must be easy. would you consider a recoil effect while zoomed to interrupt the second shot a bit?
-i love how the tips before the games give the right key bindings not just defaults! it's such a neat detail.

Last edited:

5-Oh

For Hire
Nov 27, 2004
The HUD still sucks, I want the old HUD back exactly as it was no changes. The patch has fixed quite a few bugs though.

hud.jpg

Guyver1

Sep 13, 2000
www.doazone.btinternet.co.uk
patched my server last night, had a superb 2 hr session on it today

BUT:

my thoughts (as a ranger)

1. initial jump isnt high enuff, still problems in places liek the cave entrance on Sunset beach.

2. Smoke grenades need to fully bloom on impact as in U2 XMP, this isnt CS:Source.

3. 3rd sniper shot never produces a bullet strike effect on a wall when all 3 bullets are fired as fast as possible

4. Zoom issue still exists if u change to another weapon when zoomed with sniper.

5. had a bug on Susnset beach where i had an artifact and couldnt hack the 2 generators on the beach, my hack/use button just did nothing.

6. the Shock lance only gave me 1 secondary bolt?? i seem to remember being able to get more than 1 powerful secondary bolt in the original unless im mistaken?

my thoughts (as a player in general)

1. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - fix the bloody awful hacking beam
never have i seen something so awful. it doesnt align, it looks like the space invaders game is comming out my body.
PLEASE use the UT2004 secondary link gun beam (in the same manner that its used to charge nodes in Onslaught) it locks onto the generator so even if u move around slightly the beam bends and moves like it does in UT2004.

2. Hidden weapons doesnt work

3. PLEASE fix crouching when jumping. you can only get in thru one of the side windows in the garage on XMP-Rampant, and you can get out of neither if your trying to escape.

3. HUD scaling doesnt work, i find the HUD very over bearing and obstructive compared to the original, i tried to scale it down with no result.

4. some of the maps STILL seem to have not fixed the staggered spawn times on their deploy points, all deploy points are deploying at exactly the same time.

5. Auto Turrets are rediculously over-powered

tbh i have to say im VERY impressed with this new patch, both as a player and server admin, BUT these remaining 'niggles' are still serious, along with all the other things mentioned here regarding 'basic' gameplay (not so much weapon strength etc, although that is an important issue, but is easily tweaked)

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Almost all of the suggestions in this thread make me desire that U2XMP never came out...

And iddqd, the only thing that makes me think of you as a noob is how whiney you GET, like you are fresh from suckling.

A couple bugs:
1) If you run into the raptor it will "rebound" away from you and land on top of you. If you manage to get into it before you get killed, the raptor will keep getting hurt as if it was being crushed by itself.
2) Triple jumping still works.
3) The ammo stands are great, however, if you drop a turret and pick it back up your ammo goes to -1 and you are unable to restock at an ammo stand. Seems to work if you still have ammo on the turret, but not if you are out.
4) related to 3. If you run out of turrets and switch back to that turret in your inventory (probably aren't supposed to be able to), your ammo drops to -1 and the ammo stands won't restock you.

MY suggestions:
1) Pistol is more useful than the Sniper in most situations except:
2) Sniper does too much damage. One shot kill to other Rangers (body shot), one shot kill to tech (body shot, IF the Tech is hurt at all), two shot kill to Gunner (body shot). IMO. I only tested this very briefly. The fact that Rangers fly all over the place and then easily kill people with the Sniper makes me think that it should not be very accurate AT ALL if your feet aren't firmly planted on the ground.

In other words, I think the PIstol should be kept how it is (it SHOULD BE more useful than the Sniper in almost all situations). The Sniper should be kept how it is IN ZOOM MODE (I have noticed the bullet is a little high left of the crosshair, should be fixed) but it should be extremely inaccurate in non zoom. I also believe you should NOT be able to zoom in jumping all over the place.

Last edited by a moderator: