Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring-8/10

I don't know how many times I've seen this flick but the missus wants to re-watch these and I have the original extended version box sets from back in the day.

Great music and visuals. Enough said..........

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
What Dreams May Come-8/10

I haven't seen this film in long enough to forget how the story played out but I always enjoyed the fantasy of this film and how it was visualised on screen.

Patch Adams-7/10

An interesting true story; well done.

The missus is a bit of a Robin Williams fan; he's done some good work over the years.

Moulin Rouge!-0/10

No matter how good the performances of individual actors are in this film Baz Luhrmann is a f***ing douchebag wanking lame prick. Utter garbage with no redeeming features whatever.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Very disappointing. I found the film incoherent, unfocused, and largely unwatchable. Fincher covets ugly worlds inhabited by ugly people, and more often than not it works. Seven was a dark, depressing movie that had me on the edge of my seat. I didn't know how to feel at all when I watched this. I can't say it's the acting, since everyone is very convincing here. I have to suggest that maybe it is the source material. It's just all over the place. The Lisbeth Salander character is ludicrous. That's not a bad thing in itself, really. But the plot hijacks itself too often and presents its title character awkwardly. By the time the two main protagonists meet each other I was already drained by all the meandering. And the climax...wow. The last fifteen minutes seem like the beginning of a new movie rather than an end to this one.

I can't say it's necessarily a bad movie. But it wasn't for me.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - 8/10

Terrific. I hope they make another because these movies are fun as hell. The forest scene with all of the slo-mo shots was one of the most spectacular sequences I have seen on the big screen. :tup:

My only complaint:

No explanation about how he came out of the fall alive, or whether or not the bad guy actually died.

Last edited:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
No explanation about how he came out of the fall alive, or whether or not the bad guy actually died.
In reality there's no way in hell he'd survive the fall, it would either kill him or break quite a few bones on impact, but ignoring that, he had the oxygen device he ganked from his brother, implying that it is the only reason he didn't drown. Since Moriarty didn't have one, they kind of imply that he died.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Haven't posted here for a while. Many were watched but here is the latest:

The Hangover Part II: 6/10: Still has the charm of the first movie, but it adds nothing new to the series, as the formula is an exact carbon copy of the former.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Since when was 6/10 considered pretty weak?

I suppose you are excited to get a D- on your test score, huh?

Mission Impossible 4 -- B+ Sure, it was silly, and it boiled down to a point where a physicist was holding their own against a special agent in hand to hand combat (WHAT?), but it was fun, stuff blew up good and the balance of humor and action was solid.

The new Sherlock movie (can't be bothered to look up the name)-- B Okay, this was surprisingly good. I mean, it was ridiculous in every way and far too many things which were pure blind luck are attributed to genius planning, but it was fun.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo -- A While this really mostly boils down to just another detective film (there are other ideas swimming around here, that of truth v money, of dealing with a country's ugly, nazi past, of how we fear social discomfort more than actual physical pain, etc., they really aren't integrated into the main narrative and work out to be diversions, at best), it is masterfully executed. Rooney Mara in particular was amazing. I enjoy seeing a character that is almost emotionally flat, but where you can see them straining against the tight bounds of their psyche, only being able to show intuitions towards true human emotion--Mara nailed this with surprisingly subtle emotional power. The rest of the film was dark, cool, disturbing and fun.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I suppose you are excited to get a D- on your test score, huh?

I think it's a little bit different with movies. Especially since you have so many critics with differing opinions. Going by imdb, 5/10 is an average film. Enough people liked it to keep it out of the lower half of the spectrum. Enough people disliked it to keep it out of the upper half. Watchable, but nothing special. 6+ starts to get a bit above average, 7 is good, 8 is great, 9 is incredible, 10 is impeccable. That's how I view it at least.