Dynamic music

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I got 2 questions.

1: Why the hell did epic put Dynamic music into a fps game.

Maybe because this game already had too much "Let's see what happen if we try this.."
Even to the point of having Dynamic music, which I don't quite dig either.

For one, the fact UBerserker mentioned, and steady music is just alright - having a quiet version of the music every time you get off a fight in a area shooter just don't work well.

Last edited:

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
Those that play UT3 and like the dynamic music that changes from calm to action are probably those that camp on Face or the Torlan sniper towers and hit one person once or twice in a match... ...all others wouldn't need the 1.5 seconds of calm music interrrupting the action track...
So, I play UT3 and like the dynamic music. Of course to you, that makes me a camper who hardly scores or makes a difference to the game? Um, I'm in Ci you know, and I highly doubt they would accept a player like that.

Think before you type 4 fox sake :rolleyes:

pinnacle

Jan 22, 2008
It's not a bad feature but it's something that you should be able to turn off. I personally don't like it.

Ramenudle

Waste of Server Space
Jan 26, 2008
Lorton, VA
So I suppose people shouldn't express their discontent at features they don't like in a collected non-flaming manner? I concur; free speech is overrated, and we should arbitrarily enforce opinions on the masses. :p

Seriously, no one's even whining...

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
What? This game has dynamic music? :eek:

Seriously...I had no idea about that. I've never even tried turning on music since the demo days.

As such, I couldn't care less about the feature.

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
This kinda stuff has been discussed to death that's all. The only purposes of threads like these is to get rants of there chest. The reason the official whine thread was started was so all these rants in one organized pile. Besides, this thread is beating a dead horse.

Ramenudle

Waste of Server Space
Jan 26, 2008
Lorton, VA
This kinda stuff has been discussed to death that's all. The only purposes of threads like these is to get rants of there chest. The reason the official whine thread was started was so all these rants in one organized pile. Besides, this thread is beating a dead horse.
Fair enough.

Jordan L

Jan 20, 2008
Off Topic

The only game I haven't turned the music off for is Bioshock. It didn't play constantly like most games, only at specific times. I'm not just speaking about FPS's in general, games like Oblivion whereas the music is always playing. Takes the realism/grit/rawness out of it a little.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
1: Why the hell did epic put Dynamic music into a fps game.
I remember SSX3 when it first had dynamic music that ruined the game for me and now a fps game has it. It's like losing part of your adrenaline immediately when your looking for people to kill, for me it's really off putting.

Psst. Unreal had dynamic music. It really did bring a deeper immersion into the game. :)

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
Psst. Unreal had dynamic music. It really did bring a deeper immersion into the game. :)

Unreal:
Apples.jpg

Unreal Tournament:
532px-ambersweet_oranges.jpg

BTW: IIRC the MP maps in Unreal did NOT have dynamic music. And those were the apples in Unreal that looked like oranges. :)

Last edited:

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
So, I play UT3 and like the dynamic music. Of course to you, that makes me a camper who hardly scores or makes a difference to the game? Um, I'm in Ci you know, and I highly doubt they would accept a player like that.

Think before you type 4 fox sake :rolleyes:

One definition of sarcasm: "A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound."

I love it when it worx. Others were "strong" enough to not get wounded and upset by it. :)

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
How the hell did people understand texts in books, articles, etc before the smileys were "invented"?

Because in the old days books had dynamic music which would change to suite the mood...

Seriously though dynamic music is fiddly, it's also a very old idea and has only ever been done well/correctly very rarely... when i first heard UT3 would have dynamic music i worried but had faith that epic would get it right.
Sadly however i was wrong, if i suffered from Aural Epilepsy i'd be having a fit... :(