omg @ this map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
on my list of "to play" maps, got side tracked last night never did it, but the screenie looked great.

[edit] Just played it, Unbelievable! possibly one of the best looking and playable maps at the same time! [/edit]

Last edited:

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
OK, I just gave this map a good, long look and I've got to say this is probably the best custom map out there.

Framerates are the only real concern anyone would have about this map, but if you have a new computer (like I do :D) then you shouldn't have a problem handling it. Layout, design, lighting, weapon/ammo/pickup placement make it feel like an Epic map. 8-12 people may be a shade under the actual player load this map will get, but that's hardly a concern. This map will get 0wnage, among other things.

9.5 out of 10

Last edited:

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
ChainsawMonkey said:
Nice map :) Downloading now.

And...DeRailer... I noticed your post over at INA regarding this map...you mentioned DiscWorld. You a fan? Cuz I most certainly am :)
I read the books when I was pre-teen. No longer, but I still have fond memories of it's humor. :) Very strong, unique style.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
ok, only things I don't like about this map are
  1. I play DM with xloc... this map is very xloc exploitable
  2. I don't play TDM, but for those who do, this map is not zoned for TDM com
So, if you play FFA without xloc (typical settings), it's great.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
WebSlinger said:
ok, only things I don't like about this map are
  1. I play DM with xloc... this map is very xloc exploitable
  2. I don't play TDM, but for those who do, this map is not zoned for TDM com
So, if you play FFA without xloc (typical settings), it's great.

DM w/ X-loc sucks. :)

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
Great map...one of the few I'll actually keep in my rotation...if CliffyB doesn't give this Ownage yet he keeps Purisma up there he needs to be lynched though :p

Btw...if there's anyone who's hesitant about downloading the map, don't...it's made by Taz...if I'm correct he made DM-Vocant][ and the awesome DM-Hydrophobia for the original UT

Last edited:

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
RenegadeRetard said:
Webby's a tele-monkey!

Ah yes, close relative of the ChainsawMonkey, but prefers telefragging to chopping things into bits :D TeleMonkey's also tend to be a lot more nimble on the 'ole feet than your average ChainsawMonkey too, mainly because they don't have to lug a huge chainsaw about with them :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hanover_Fist said:
Very nice looking map.

Has great flow.

Lots of potential tricky stuff.

Reminds me of an old Unreal map called Town Square.

I have that map in my unreal folder...

It's not all that really :hmm:

-> I think you ment saying: this map reminds me of old unreal maps.
hopefully :D

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Haha.. that's what I was thinking, NeoNite. :D

But I remember when Town Square came out it was hugely popular and people were falling all over themselves about how great a map it was.