Map Packs?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cloudairport

Jan 8, 2005
Some of the maps I downloaded require map packs, but I don't know where to get these.

Many/all Silver Ibex maps require these (I'll find the names later).

A few others I'm missing (approximate name):
"Lian-X"
"Wolfenstein"

Also, what other sites have INF 2.9 (or less) maps and extras, aside from CombatMaps and RealMaps? The latter seems to be fairly defunct in terms of updates.

Any help would be welcome.

cloudairport

Jan 8, 2005
I just realized that I might/probably misnamed my topic. I'm looking for file packs, another one being "ModDeco5."

I have map packs, just some of those maps require files that weren't included or weren't functional for some reason.

Sorry for the confusion, although I hope the actual post cleared up the problem.

cloudairport

Jan 8, 2005
I checked the RealMaps resources, and found some that I needed. Here is most if not all of the maps and the file package/textures that I am still missing.

Map: Texture:
Ahalen City ModDeco 5
DaHood/Pueblo/Urban Assault Lian-X
ChandlerAve/Hollywood Holocaust WarExplo
Desert Dust InfDust
Remagen (both night and day) HoS_HDm2
easfmKasbah Smithbag
SuburbanDeluxe Razor-ub
Witka's_Wadi Witkatex
TAO101(HPoly)/TheBigApple ModDeco3
Avignon fen_bulli
EAS-INF-DS-Arabnight-lite tbtarabtex8
LondonWentham(both) MattUKTownT

I also have Margarita, which says that something like "missing class in file 'ClassINF_Decorations.INFD_HUMMER'"

And some maps work, but they have lunar-like textures: in Calamaya it's the sky, in fmFarmland the grass.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
at least Smithbag, fen_bulli and tbtarabtex8 are part of the desert storm mappack. lunar like textures happen if you use an obsolute texturepack (the map can't find the texture within the pack, so it is replaced with a generetic one). are you shure you got the most recent version of the official mappack?

also be shure you don't have different versions of a .utx file installed in ut/textures and ut/infiltration/textures.

cloudairport

Jan 8, 2005
So now I have a few more maps working from the RealMaps resources/Desert Storm Pack, but here's the remaining list:

Ahalen City ModDeco 5
Desert Dust InfDust
easfmKasbah fmmg42sound
SuburbanDeluxe Razor-ub
Witka's_Wadi Witkatex
TAO101(HPoly)/TheBigApple ModDeco3
DM-Stormfront 175Europe
DM-INF-Island custom_island

Note the new additions and that easfmKasbah now needs 'fmmg42sound' instead of Smithbag.

Last edited:

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
easfmKasbah fmmg42sound
iirc i packed the eas version of the map without the old textures and sounds allready provided with dm-fmkasbah, as it was pretty well distributed back then. you'll need the tdm version to run it: http://www.combatmaps.de/?site=dl&id=125

Lian-X and warexplo (as well as maybe a few others) should be provided with one of the ut bonus packs (you should get these at your random ut site)

the main reason for this mess is that mappers don't tend not to have a clean ut installation to test the maps, so some files most ppl allready have might not be provided with the map, even if they aren't stock.

cloudairport

Jan 8, 2005
Where do I insert the '.umod' files? Which UT/ folder?

EDIT: Another update on remaining files needed:

Desert Dust InfDust
SuburbanDeluxe Razor-ub
Witka's_Wadi Witkatex
DM-Stormfront 175Europe
DM-INF-Island custom_island

Last edited: