Does Anyone Here like Mecha Games?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
For anyone who cares, does anyone here like mecha-games (big walking automatons armed with devastating weaponry piloted by people)

Here are some cool shots from MechWarrior 4 the incredible sequel to MechWarrior 3. And the last one is from Heavy Gear 2. Which brings me to a point: Is it ok to like two battling games? I mean Activision lost the mechwarrior rights and some company named Microprose decided to take it on, they layed off a whole bunch of people in Mechwarrior 3 development. And sometimes I wonder, do I have some loyalties to Activision, for growing up with their products and being the first to get the new ones a while back. Or can I like both companies, even though they are bitter enemies and I didn't grow up with Heavy Gear, I grew up with Mechwarrior 1, and so I'd like some feedback, do I have loyalties to this game genre... I mean It feels kinda weird when you've been playing a series for a long-time and then when that series fails to please you, you can just move on.. I can never make up my mind.

ss_b_2_mechwarrior4.jpg

ss_b_3_mechwarrior4.jpg

gone_fishing.jpg

[This message has been edited by AgentSmith (edited 03-17-2000).]

Chand

Feb 16, 2000
LR, AR, US
www.planetchandler.com
You know, historically I'd say "Microprose got the rights that some company named Activision lost"...but hey, that's just me /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And yes, I love mecha games...(last thing I played was the demo of Psygnosis' Metal Fatigue and before that, Shogo and Mechwarrior 2... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

I'm still waiting for a nice Robotech/Macross game... been waiting for years. Kinda like Elite IV /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
This is your brain...
THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON INF... (bold /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

But I mean there's no better feeling to stomp around in a mech, gear, herc, etc. I love mecha-games and I thought about Shogo, but it looked more like some DBZ wannabe or something. I love Mechwarrior although the first 2 sucked... Heavy Gear then blew away Mechwarrior 2 3dfx Edition. But then the real battle is between these two. I don't know which I like better.. I like them both.
Heavy Gear 2 Vs. Mechwarrior 3
Heavy Gear 3 Vs. Mechwarrior 4

ss_s_1_mechwarrior4.gif

walk_in_the_woods.jpg