Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Justin286

Smooth Criminal
Jul 26, 2001
Bk, Nyc
Velvia? What are you using to scan it? I'm looking to start using film again since I am not satisfied with digital at all. Maybe I just need to spend time with Lightroom.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Velvia? What are you using to scan it? I'm looking to start using film again since I am not satisfied with digital at all. Maybe I just need to spend time with Lightroom.

I'm using a Canon Canoscan 9000F scanner using it to directly scan them into Photoshop.

New photo up on Flickr. This one is a bit gay I'm sure, but I like the shot and it works. More Velvia 50 film.:)

Danger Boys by Jason_Combs, on Flickr

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
sunset_on_liffey_by_aryss_skahara-d5juotl.jpg

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
A couple more shots from Iceland

A shot from northern Iceland. Godafoss (waterfall of the Gods)
godafoss1.jpg

Icebergs on the beach at Jolulsarlon
NathelieOlivier3859.jpg

1 second exposure of a waterfall onto basalt columns at Skaftafjell National Park
NathalieOlivier936.jpg

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
A couple more shots from Iceland

Really nice man. For such a small country, there seems to be so much to shoot.

A photographer I know here in Tokyo got to shoot Shigeru Miyamoto for a magazine shoot. In true Japanese fashion, they weren't so accomidating for the shoot, so being pro he had to make due with what he had.

Good read for those interested in this sort of stuff, and it's fucking Shigeru Miyamoto.

http://www.irwinwong.com/blog/nintendmiyamotoshigeru/

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Just got a 7d from newegg. The 18-135mm it came with seems to have some tiny imperfections on the lens surface. I don't know if they are microscopic scratches or just defects in the coating. I thought maybe it was just a dust particle but I wiped it with a lens cloth to no avail. What do you do with this sort of thing? Just live with it? I feel like if I return it they'll be like "wtf are you talking about, this lens looks perfect". It's like when I try to return a phone with a dead pixel and the sales person claims that they can't see it, or treat me like I'm wasting their time. Sigghhh. First world problems. :(

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
You should be able t return it without problems, but truth be told; imperfections on the front element most likely won't show up in your shot. It's the back element where shit can get fucked easy.

Nevertheless, you paid for it, so if it bothers you return it.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
If anybody here has an working old digital camera say in a box in closet or whatever that they longer use and think would be a good starter camera for somebody who thinks they have graduated from cellphone grade camera skills and would be interested in trading said no longer used equipment for some cool antiques, rare rocks/minerals and/or a reasonably low fee, please PM me with details. I am in the market for such.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Ugghh. More problems. Just tried it out for the first time today and there are multiple tiny black specks in the viewfinder like so:

QdStP.png

These show up against a light background even without the lens attached.

I used a rocket blower to gently blow some air into the camera but it didn't remove any of them. :(

Also, something sounds like it's rolling around when i tilt the body left and right. Some users have suggested that this is normal (orientation sensor - steel ball in a tunnel sort of thing) while others say they have no rattle at all.

Maybe I should just RMA the whole thing and get a replacement. Such a pain!

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Ugghh. More problems. Just tried it out for the first time today and there are multiple tiny black specks in the viewfinder like so:

QdStP.png

These show up against a light background even without the lens attached.

I used a rocket blower to gently blow some air into the camera but it didn't remove any of them. :(

Also, something sounds like it's rolling around when i tilt the body left and right. Some users have suggested that this is normal (orientation sensor - steel ball in a tunnel sort of thing) while others say they have no rattle at all.

Maybe I should just RMA the whole thing and get a replacement. Such a pain!

I would just RMA it.

Here's a shot from a recent trip to Nagano. The new Kodak Portra 400 is my new favorite film I think. It works so well for anything.

Winter's Love by Jason_Combs, on Flickr