gas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
o yeah they are
altho gas headshots are quite nice
maybe smoke should do dmg slow dmg not like gas where ur HP just dissapears tho afterall how do u breathe in smoke lol or at least make the nade do some damage on impact it does what 1hp dmg on impact on a player in XMP

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
Leave all of the weapons in the game! They all serve a purpose for the player who knows how to use them. If you don't want to use a particular weapon, then don't use it.

The original comment about the speed of the dispersion of gas and smoke are valid. The UTXMP versions need to be sped up considerably if they are to be comparable to the U2XMP varieties.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
JagoXmp said:
Bleeder,

That has got to be the most rediculous thing I've ever heard you say. The turrets should be close to the effectiveness found in U2XMP. As far as that goes, I wish they had made it so you couldn't carry more than 2 turrets at one time forcing you to place them before reloading. Turret farming would be a thing of the past and then, god forbid, you would actually have to aim and shoot at someone to get points. I know that's not something you're accustomed to.

You swore you wouldn't play UTXMP. Any chance you'll keep your word?
I lived up to my word, which was in regards to UTXMP alpha1, er, I mean beta1.

As for turret farming, HoC still runs a "turret free" server... One would think, if more people shared your feelings, there would be more servers like that.

V-4-2

Last edited:

Mercenary

>ÐË
Nov 11, 2004
The only thing that sucks about going from particle damage to area of effect damage is the gas headshots that cause 100% of the particles to strike the target in the face, killing him instantly :D

Now that was satisfying!

ScorpioProX

Sep 2, 2004
Leave all of the weapons in the game! They all serve a purpose for the player who knows how to use them. If you don't want to use a particular weapon, then don't use it.

THNX! I'm a all around U2XMP player ( not a good one, but still ) I say; YEA! Thats right! Its all just fine as it was, If you dont lilke it you have to deal with it! (just like real life ;) )I hate gass myself so I'm really happy when I kill a gasser :lol: Thats why its fun!

Last edited:

KillaALF

Mar 9, 2004
Maestro PaN said:
So, what you're saying is the gas nades open up more gameplay options?

Yeah? Then you'd probably agree with this article:
http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm

Totally agree with that article. Gasspamming, turret-whoring techs are scrubs, plain and simple. They don't see that their tactics don't work and keep on using them, learning nothing in the process and just annoying both teams.

nitrous{e}

Feb 17, 2005
KillaALF said:
Totally agree with that article. Gasspamming, turret-whoring techs are scrubs, plain and simple. They don't see that their tactics don't work and keep on using them, learning nothing in the process and just annoying both teams.

A quote from this article you totally agree with:

'... the scrub labels a wide variety of tactics and situations “cheap.” So-called “cheapness” is truly the mantra of the scrub....'

Last edited:

ScorpioProX

Sep 2, 2004
:lol:
I'm a scrub! Lol XMP is just to fun! Nothing more fun then sniping a player while I stand next to him! Great risk great fun! Personal victory! Playing like a scub might be a good way to find better ways of winning a game.
Explore you never know what you might find.

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
You people act like we haven't been playing this game for 1.5 years :rolleyes: The creation of UTXMP doesn't change that fact.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
KillaALF said:
'Scrubs' is one of my favorite shows, thanks!

P.S. Skatcher, get another alias, that one sux (V42).

Skaxis

Oct 25, 2003
Everett, WA
Visit site
HAAhAHAHAHAHAAAAW!

Naib said:
Unless you need to remove some irritating nasal hair in a hurry...

:lol: :lol: :D :) :lol:

Seems to me that the flame thrower could be "tricked" into emulating the jet thruster action from the classic particle system if:

It produced "proxy emitters" for explosions just below the weapons output point or at the point of the "barrel"...

Then any damage which was produced could be "healed" (in the logic of the game somehow?) instantly IF the damage was caused by the explosion (perhaps a concussion explosion can simply cause propulsion without damage)... with said explosions being similar in effect to the concussion grenade of the gunner, but much weaker and without the blinding effect....

Basically an "IMPULSE THRUSTER" type of effect could be generated at the barrel of the flamer no?

If "proxies" for gas can cause damage... can't proxies emulate/spawn other forces/entities/events such as "explosions" or "concussions"?

HOLDIN MY BREATH HERE for the flame thrower to get propulsion again :) That so Rocks.... (Oh and any word on Conc Jumping for gunners?). I think also that "concussion" force at the output of a flame thrower could be used to push the enemy around if it were strong enough... and should slow a gunner down who is running/moving in the same direction as the flamer is pointing... and conversely would allow a gunner to increase his speed if he was running backwards with flamer flaming.... all of which would increase the "realism" of this Unreal game.

\m/_ :D _\m/

Slippery Puddin

Sep 19, 2004
Gas? What gas?

Personally I'd like to see a return of the u2xmp gas grenade radius because I think the current model actually encourages gas spamming.

I was playing online about two weeks ago and I had someone fire all six gas grenades in a row at me. I'd never had that happen before when I played u2xmp. I try not to fire more than one at a time because anything more and you are reducing your own options. The reson for it causing more gas spam, I think obviously, is the much smaller radius. It's no way near the weapon it once was. Since the tech is only really effective at closer ranges you need a way to get close to the super fast ranger and a way to wear down that walking battle-tank gunner before engaging. I used more as a weapon to get people where i wanted them to go, fire it over their heads to keep them close or fire between you for a little cover. A ranger with an artifact running away from you is not a race you're likely to win.

Toxic Gas: Sprays out a cloud of neurotoxic gas that is so caustic it eats through metal armour.

That is the Unreal 2 game manual definition of the gas. Now if I'm not mistaken nerve agents (neurotoxins) are basically nasty convusling death to those exposed. "Initial symptoms following exposure to sarin (and other nerve agents) are a runny nose, tightness in the chest and dilation of the pupils. Soon after, the victim will then have difficulty breathing, and will experience nausea and drooling. As the victim continues to lose control of his or her bodily functions, he or she will involuntary vomit, defecate and urinate. This phase is followed by twitching and jerking, and ultimately the victim will become comatose and suffocate as a consequence of convulsive spasms." This is wikipedia's description of sarin and I recognise that there is no way the symptoms could be duplicated in a video game (thank god). I think that the amount of damage it's doing is fine but considering 10mg*min/m3 of vx is a lethal dose if inhaled or 10mg in case of skin contact shouldn't this be one of the deadliest weapons in the game?

To cut a long story short, just a little bigger cloud of gas please.

ps. Great work in any case fmi!

Jan 13, 2005
Tampa FL
www.
GAS...

a blurred effect on the victims veiw would be nice, rather than opaqe "clouds".
the effect would be different from the flames but have the same out come... you cant see anything...