My observations on v2.75

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
First, I would like to say that I really enjoy playing INF, and I think its a great game.

Now, on to the point of my post. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I've been playing 2.75 online for the last couple days, and I have some suggestions/observations/minor complaints:

1) Dead players can use both talk and team talk. On several occasions, I've had dead opponents giving their live friends the run-down on my current position. For dead players, it would be nice for talking to be visible only to other dead players.

2) A couple of times (very rarely), I've seen the bullet "spark" problem that was present in 2.71... what do I mean by that... I mean, when an opponent shoots and his bullets sit in mid air and make noise and generate "sparks". Again, happens very rarely.

3) When I fire a gun in pub game, there often seems to be a small amount of lag. I press the fire button, and there is a perceptible delay before the shot is actually fired. The explanation you are probably thinking is "Well, its just latency with your connection". I think its more than just that, however. This latency is more than I see in say... UT. Also, my ping times are generally pretty good.

4) Related to #3, there is a 1/2-1 sec delay during a death sequence. This is especially true in servers that spawn items/ammo/guns during a player death. This has already been mentioned but I just want to say that I see this behavior as well.

5) It would be nice if radar was a server option, so that it can be disabled for all players. I think this was already mentioned...

6) It would be nice if there were some sort of indicator to give you a hint of how much ammo you have left in a magazine. Right now I think the HUD displays your total ammo count, plus the number of clips available. I find The "total ammo count" is not really useful - it would be nice to have a status bar or something graphical that tells you when your current clip is nearly empty. Its not 100% realistic, but it would save me from doing math in my head.

7) This one is more of a humble suggestion... Perhaps make the running footstep sound a little louder, so one can more easily hear it around corners, etc.. I think that would add more of a tactical element where stealth begins to be important.

Anyways, these are just some of the things that have been running through my mind as I've been playing.

Great job on the mod and I look forward to seeing future versions. Thanks.

doc_sig.gif