CAn't click Instant action, settings, etc...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
I can't go into instant action or anything. it starts up, but when i click on anything, it kicks me out and a window pops up saying my computer either overheated or it is a corrupted installation. I know my comp didn't overheat. I have a good comp, and it should run it just fine. can anyone help?

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
try redownloading and reinstalling it, and also try reinstalling ut2k4... that can't hurt... lol... after all, reinstalling ut2k4 everys so often will help clean up tons of problems.

oh, and what version of ut2k4 do u have... is it 3339 or 3353?

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
the latest. yeah, i'll try choice 1, cause for some reason i cannot uninstall UT2004. it's no big deal though, i could just delete the entire UT2004:/ folder. thanks.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
i think the latest patch is why... i have not personally updated yet, so that would prolly explain why.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
3355 works fine with 1a on my machine. I wouldnt uninstall 2k4 unless I HAVE to..what a pain. try reinstalling the patches, if that doesn't work, reinstall xmp. That shouldnt be too big of a deal, just back up any custom things you've downloaded.

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
nope, didn't work. yeah, could be the patch. oh, and, when i installed it, it said "this folder already exists. do you still wish to install the files into this folder?" i said yes, and it installed in about 3 seconds, when before, it installed in like 3 minutes

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
when you reinstalled, did you delete your utxmp directory? Maybe it didn't copy over already exsisting files.

it kicks me out and a window pops up saying my computer either overheated or it is a corrupted installation.

Just noticed that. I had that same error, too. The only way I was able to get rid of it was a reinstall of UT2k4. :(

grr.jpg

Dracone

Dracone
Sep 10, 2004
how do i reinstall UT2k4 without losing all of the stuff i've downloaded off of both the internet and from servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.