invisible/silent turrets

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maestro PaN

Turret Whore
Feb 15, 2005
Tampa, FL
www.livejournal.com
I've just exploited the game, not sure how easy it will be to fix this.
I can make a turret which appears and is heard by the red base kill somebody at the blue base.

Do this trick on a map with fold-down doors, like the garage doors on either side of the bases in Rampant. You can jump on top of the door while it is closed and place a turret. I usually point it toward the panel that one must hack to open the door from the outside. If you open the door after the turret is placed, it will fall to the ground with the door and lay on it's side.
When the turret is on it's side, it is possible to touch it, shoot at it, and move it with a car, but it will never appear destroyed. Plus, no matter where the turret is lying, the game always treats the turret as if it is on top of the garage door where it was originally placed.
I'll usually push the turret with a raptor to a complete seperate section of the map, but the turret will fire at any enemy who crosses it's original path back by the garage door. When it is triggered, the turret noise and animation comes from the decoy moved turret, not its original location.
The only way to kill the turret is to shoot where it originally was on top of the door.

Just a heads up.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
:lock:

while this bug needs to be closed as soon as possible, it's not totally worth a guid ban for reporting this... however not reporting it and exploiting it is worth a guid ban.

so please :lock: this thead, and prevent tons of flamage that is not needed.

Maestro PaN

Turret Whore
Feb 15, 2005
Tampa, FL
www.livejournal.com
h4x?

I didn't either personally or by using another program change the coding for my game to exploit this bug. It's just a bug I stumbled on while playtesting the game on an empty server waiting for players.

I Thought this would be the proper place to let the game designers know.

I don't know why I'm even wasting time on replying to you, Kirby. It's early; I must still be sleeping.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Interesting... Did they take the code from U2XMP (?), because you can do similar things in U2XMP, although it's a lot more difficult. For example, you can place a turret inside a generator, but it's really on top of the generator. You can place a turret on a vehicle in a special way, and it will then appear in the middle of the sky and look like a turret-ghost is hovering in the air while you drive the vehicle. Fun stuff :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.